Chapter 18: Engagement

CHAPTER 18: Engagement

It was 11am and the alarm started ringing.

JASMIN- Areh yaar iss alarm ko bhi abhi bajna tha. Sab mere hi dushman hai.

Jasmin got up, went to the bathroom, freshened up and came outside. In the hall area she found Aly sitting down on the sofa and sipping on coffee.

ALY- Good morning sleepy head.

JASMIN- Hey I am not a sleepy head.

ALY- Well sure you are not. Your literally like the last person to wake up from their sleep.

JASMIN- As if I care.

ALY- Here. Take your cup of coffee.

JASMIN- Thanks.

They had a small talk about the engagement and the preparations.

---------

It was about 8pm and everyone started to gather up in the venue. 

Meanwhile inside Aly and Jasmin's room,

DISHA- Jassu are you done yet?

JASMIN(shouting)- Ha 5 more mins Disha.

RAHUL- Pichle 15 mins se tuu 5min hi bolrahi hai. Tu kya hai re? Itna der kon lagata hai yaar. Yaha dulha aur dulhan tayar hogae hai aur madam abhi bhi 5 min bol rahi hai.

ALY- Tum log jao niche, I will come with her.

DISHA- Ha Aly tum hi wait karo yaha. Mere bhai ki engagement hai, mujhe kuch miss nahi karna hai.

RAHUL- Ha Disha chal yaha se.

After 2 mins Jasmin came out of her room.

JASMIN(while fixing her lehenga)- Sorry yaar woh meri dupatta hi nahi mil rahi thi isliye late hogayi...

Just then, she looked up and saw Aly staring at her from top to bottom.

ALY'S POV

Well Disha and Rahul got annoyed and ended up going downstairs and I was waiting for Jas to come outside. I wondered what she would wear but I knew that whatever she would wear, she would look effortlessly beautiful in it and I was soooo damn right. As I heard the door open, I moved my head from the phone and looked up towards her door and OMG she looked STUNNING. The light pink lehenga looked soooo beautiful on her. I couldn't stop but stare at her. I stood up and continued to stare at her. My chain of thoughts broke when she walked up to me and asked me what happened.

JASMIN- Kiya hua? Acchi nahi lag rahi hoon kiya? Weseh tum bohot handsome lag rahe ho. WOW yeh pink sherwani tume bohot suit kar raha hai.

ALY- Thanks ab chalo bohot late hogaya.

JASMIN- Ha ha chalo.

They went out of the room and entered the lift.

JASMIN- By the way you didn't answer my question.

ALY- Which question?

JASMIN- Mein kesi lag rahi hoon?

ALY(under his breath)- Attractive as fuck...

JASMIN- Hmm???

ALY- You are looking stunning. Pink suits you a lot too.

JASMIN- Areh yaar hum dono ka to twinning hogaya hai.

ALY- Yeh I just realised too.

They get out of the lift and walked inside the venue. Jasmin saw all of her friends gathered together at a corner so she went to them while Aly went to Rahul.

BHARTI- Lo ji agayi madam.

DISHA(sarcastically)- Areh Jasmin tu itni jaldi kese agayi? Function khatam hone ke baad ati...

JASMIN- Areh yaar chill maro sab. Woh mera dupatta nahi mil raha tha isliye late hogayi thi. Ab bolo kesi lag rahi hoon?

PANKAJ- HOT...

ADITYA- Yeh phir se shuru hogaya.

AVIKA- Weseh bohot acchi lag rahi hai or else boys wouldn't be staring at you constantly?

JASMIN- Matlab?

AVIKA- Areh piche dhek to, Aly kese dekh raha hai tujhe.

Jasmin then turned around and caught Aly red handed. Aly's cheeks turned pink and to not make it look weird he just smiled at her to which Jasmin replied with a smile back. Just then the host began hosting the evening. After a few minutes of talking, the host called Ronit, Radhika and their close ones to the stage. Disha dragged Jasmin with her but Jasmin stopped her halfway and told her to go with Rahul and that she will come in a few seconds. Jasmin then walked up to Aly and held his hands.

JASMIN- Come.

ALY- Where?

JASMIN- To the stage....where else?

ALY- Okay ma'am.

Jasmin gave him an "are you serious?" look and dragged him to the stage.

The ceremony took place and there were a few performances taking place. Disha also gave a solo performance but everyone's shock Jasmin didn't perform. Everyone clapped for Disha but then Aly realised that Jasmin was nowhere to be seen. He tried looking for her but she just wasn't there so he thought to go and check their room. He went to the reception, collected the keycard and headed towards their room. As soon as he opened the door, his eyes went towards the open balcony door. He walked to the balcony and saw Jasmin resting on the swing with her eyes closed and airpods on. 

ALY(in his mind)- What is she listening to? Lemme check...

He then removed her left airpod and put it onto his left ear.

ALY- Wow not a bad choice.

Jasmin then opened her eyes in a shock as if she got caught doing something.

JASMIN- WHAT? ALY? What are you doing here? Were you not downstairs? 

ALY- Chill I just came to see where you were but seems like you were enjoying the song and the vibes. Now what's the reason behind listening to this song?

JASMIN- Ummm well actually I was planning to sing this at bhai's ceremony but I really need a male partner to sing with me. No one is ready to sing it with me

ALY- OHH JASMIN, we all know you can do this yourself without a help of a male partner. Give it a try in front of me.

JASMIN- Okay....

Jasmin then starts to sing the song (I won't tell you what song it is or else it will ruin the coming up chapter but try to guess the song)

Once she finished singing,

ALY- Wow you sing pretty well, I am impressed Miss Bhasin

JASMIN- Thanks but I wasn't impressing you🤣🤣🤣

ALY- Tera kuch nahi ho sakta. Now come let's go downstairs and kill it on the stage.

Jasmin and Aly reach the venue and after a few minutes suddenly....

AND TADAAAA. THAT'S IT FOR THIS CHAPTER GUYS. OMFGGGGG I AM SOOO EXCITED ABOUT THE MV💃💃💃💃

ALSO CAN ANYONE GUESS WHAT SONG JASMIN WILL SING??? I WILL GIVE YOU GUYS A HINT... IT'S A SONG FROM ONE OF EMRAAN HASHMI'S MOVIE... AAB SOCH KAR BATANA HAHA. TILL THEN GOODBYE😛

PLEASE DO VOTE! THANK YOU!

SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW WITH A NEW CHAPTER❤️

HER CHALLENGING LIFE (on hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें