A New Life

After a long journey of nine hours, I reached Zurich, where I had two and a half hours layover for another flight to catch Chicago. So, I passed the time exploring the shopping area at the airport. After purchasing some goodies and some personal stuff in the duty-free shops, I headed to the boarding area to check in. After ten hours of journey, I reached Chicago, where I had seventeen hours layover. So, I decided to explore the city of Chicago until my next flight. After waiting to explore and being tired waited in the lounge until the flight for Kentucky has been announced. Finally, when the flight announcement was made, I waited in the boarding area for another hour, and it took another one and half hours to reach Lexington in Kentucky. Moreover, it took another half an hour to reach my apartment, so after spending forty hours, which seemed like an eternity I was standing in front of a two-storey apartment. The front view of the apartment was creating a pleasant shape and maintained. The plants were looking healthier and had an organic sense in my tired body. There was a green lawn outside the apartment with a stone pathway that leads the way to the door of the house. The garden would at least cover half of the yard, it had flowers, creepers and climbers neatly shaped and maintained. The plants were looking healthier and organic. I took my baggage from the taxi; I hired from the airport and walked through the lawn along with Snowy.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door, but before I knock on the door, a young girl of my age opened the door.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Can I meet Mrs Peter?"

"Yeah, wait a sec." She went in by keeping the door held open.

After some time, a lady in her fifties came to the door, "Yes, dear?" she asked.

"Mrs Peter?"

"Yes. Dear, I'm Mrs Peter. What can do for you?"

"I'm Looshin, from India," I remembered her.

"Oh! Yeah." She raised her eyebrows. "Wait a sec, I'll bring the keys." She said and went in to fetch the keys. After some time she came and bought the keys and said, "The next door is the way upstairs. Do you need any help dear?" She asked with a gentle smile on her face.

"No thank you, I will manage by myself." I declined with a pleasing smile.

"Okay dear, but if you need any help then please let me know." She nodded.

"Yeah," I said and left for the upstairs with my baggage.

After a long struggle with my heavy bags and Snowy, I reached for the door, upstairs and opened it. To my surprise, the place was clean and tidy with the furniture covered by a white cloth. As soon as I closed the door after bringing my heavy bags in, I sat on to work. One by one I started to arrange all my belongings in the order I like. Some hours later, I heard a knock on the door, when I opened the door the same girl of my age, who I met downstairs, was standing in her T-shirt and shorts with a box in her hand.

"Hey!" she waved her hand.

"Hey!"

"Looshin, right?"

"Yeah."

"I'm Paige, Paige Chase."

"Come in." I left the door open and went in.

"Yeah sure." she nodded and followed me, "Aunt Michelle, said you to give this to you?" she extended the box.

"Aunt Michelle?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Oh! Sorry, Mrs Peter." she corrected.

"Oh!" I smiled, "What is this?" I looked at the box.

"She has sent dinner for you, as it's your first day." she shrugged and looked around the room, "And it also seems that you haven't yet done your unpacking."