Hidden Feelings

Days passed quickly, and I was happy to find that Krish had some friends. Moreover, Neil's attitude towards Krish began to change. It was the month of November; we hardly had 3 months left before the board exams. We were in a full rush to prepare for the exams. Meanwhile, we were eagerly waiting for our farewell party, which our juniors would throw for us.

One day, our principal called Neil and me to his office, as we were School Pupil Leaders. "May we come in, sir?" we asked as we pushed open his office door.

"Come in," he said, looking up from his PC.

"Have you called us, sir?" Neil asked.

"Hmm... your juniors had asked me to permit them to arrange a farewell party for you."

"Really, sir?" we asked in unison, excited.

"Yeah, and it will be arranged by the end of this month, so there would be no disturbance in your studies. I want all of you to concentrate on your studies."

"Of course, sir," I said firmly.

"Okay, you may go now," he said, turning back to his PC.

"Thank you, sir," we said as we left his office.

"Wow, Loo. We are getting a farewell party at last," Neil said.

"Yeah, but Neil, do you remember the principal said it would be at the end of this month. So, there's plenty of time," I corrected him.

"Ok, now come, let's go and inform everyone about the farewell party."

We went to all the sections of the 12th class to spread the news. All the students started shouting in joy. Then we returned to our class, and classes continued as usual.

After some days, Neil had gone to his cousin's wedding in Manipur, so he was not coming to school for a week. One day, after school, I went to the library to get some books. Meanwhile, Krish was sitting there with books scattered on the table.

"Hey," he waved.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I waved back.

"Referring to books on Physics," he shrugged.

"Why? Do you find it difficult?"

"Yeah, I actually struggle with Chapter 10."

"You mean the Wave theory of Light?"

"Yeah."

"It's straightforward; you just need to understand the concept of waves and their different types. A diagram can help you a lot."

"Hmm... If you don't mind, can you help me with this chapter, please?" he pleaded.

"Yeah, I'll help you." I sat next to him.

I clarified all his doubts regarding the chapter, and it was nearly 5 pm, an hour past school. We packed our things and left the library, even the librarian was getting ready to leave. We both walked together to the school gate.

"Thank you, Loo." He smiled cutely.

"You're welcome." I smiled back.

"How will you go home?"

"I'll take the bus, and you?"

"I have my bike; if you don't mind, I can drop you at home."

"No, it's OK, Krish. I have to go to a bookstore to buy some books for Neil."

"I also need to buy some books. Why don't we go together, please?" he pleaded again.

"It's clear that you won't leave without taking me with you. So, there's no option other than coming with you." I agreed to go with him.