Chapter 6

Some of this chapter is based off the music video for Britney Spears' 'Everytime' and the Glee christmas episode for Season Four, Glee Actually. If you haven't seen Everytime, the video will be over there ----->

Enjoy! (Also, to be in the mood to write a chapter like this, I was listening to Glee's cover of Cough Syrup by the amazing Darren Criss/Blaine Anderson)

-----------------------------------------

"I have to go to work today, babe." Puck says, kissing his wife's forehead while she's laying on the couch.

"Can't you get someone to fill in for you?" Ryley asks.

"Like who?"

"Sam?"

"He's having a sick day. That's why I have to work."

"Jake?"

"LA with his girlfriend Marley."

"I'm out of people."

"You could come and work for a bit?"

"Nah."

"I'll be back for lunch to check up on you."

"I love you."

"I'll love you always."

Puck kisses Ryley quickly on the lips then leaves the apartment. Ryley's never felt more alone. Other times she's been alone in her place, she's cut and that didn't go well with Puck. Ryley gets up off the couch and goes into the couch and goes into the bathroom. She stares at the person she sees in her reflection. Her skin is paler and she looks tired. Her eyes drift to the bath. She might as well clean herself since she hasn't in a while. She turns the water of the bath on to warm.

She slowly removes the bandages on both her forearms. It reveals large scars that will haunt her forever. Dried up blood covers her arms. She gulps as a tiny drop of fresh blood goes from one of her scars to the tiled floor. She removes her sweat pants, hoodie and singlet. Her underwear falls onto the pile of her clothes on the floor and she steps into the now full bubble bath.

She hums as she scrubs her arms with soap, hoping to get rid of the dried blood that covers her arms. Her sleepiness catchs up on her and she starts to grow sleepier. She falls asleep and into the water...

-------------------------------------------

10 minutes pass of Ryley under the water and she's still fast asleep and losing oxygen.

Santana and Rachel walk up to Ryley's apartment. They knock on the door to recieve no answer. Rachel grows worried quickly since both of them know Puck had to go to work today and Ryley's home alone. Santana bangs harder on the door. Still no answer. Rachel searches for the spare key in the plant next to the apartment door. She finds the key and unlocks it in a rush.

"Ryley?!" Rachel screams out.

Santana and Rachel search every room. They both arrive at the last room in the house at the same time; the bathroom that joins onto Puck and Ryley's bedroom. The door is locked.

"What do we do now? She could be in there and something bad could be happening!" Rachel stresses.

"Give me your hair clip!" Santana says.

Rachel takes her hair clip out, gives it to Santana and Santana bends down to the lock. She uses the hair clip to pick at the lock.

The two rush into the bathroom as soon as it unlocks. The bath is full and small amounts of bubbles come from one end of the bath. Clothes that are owned by Ryley are scattered all over the floor. Bandages that have dried blood on them sit on the sides of the bathroom sink. Santana races to the bath's edge. She reaches into the bath and pulls out an unconscious Ryley. Lucky for Santana and Rachel, Ryley's pulse is still going but slowly. Rachel starts dialing 911 while Santana pulls Ryley out completely and wraps Ryley up in a towel.