Prologue

"It's okay Yana, I can always share my mom with you." Jungkook says as he tries to calm his best friend from crying. They snuck out from her mom's wake and ended up under one of the tables in the funeral site.

Yana just continued to sniffle as her best friend sits in front of her, comforting her.

"Okay, I can let you have Miri for one night, just stop crying... please?" Jungkook pleads as he reaches out to swipe her hair from her face.

This sort of caught her attention and she finally calmed down and looked expectantly at Jungkook. "Promise?" She asked in between sobs.

He knew she can't pass the chance to keep the cute poodle for herself. "I promise, just try hard not to cry anymore."

"Okay... I'll try." She said trying to compose herself.

Jungkook offers the handkerchief his mom made him bring this morning. She must've known Jungkook would need to give it to Yana. She's really amazing that way, as amazing as her best friend, Yana's mom.

Their moms go way back since childhood and they shared everything even when they had their own families. They got homes next to each other and continued the friendship closely knitting their families together. They were like blood sisters and nothing could tear them apart... except now that Yana's mom passed away.

Jungkook kept his promise and let Yana have Miri overnight. "Okay Yana, she gets really cold at night so you have to regulate your AC."

"Okay Kookie..." she nods swiftly, patting Miri while the cute dog rests on her lap. This white fluff ball lets out a cute yawn sending Yana giggling.

"Just tap on my window if you need anything okay?" Jungkook says, feeling a bit better seeing Yana smile. He hasn't seen her giggle for a while so this is actually a good sight.

That summer, both families were suppose to go to Jeju island and spend quality time together but since Yana's mom passed away, her dad hasn't been in good shape. He's been neglecting Yana as well which made Jungkook's mom step up and take care of Yana's needs.

It came to a certain point when Yana had to stay with the Jeons since her dad was out late most of the time, not even bothering to tend for his 5 year old daughter. He was so consumed with losing his wife that he forgot he had a lovely daughter to take care of.

Few years passed and Mrs. Jeon was more than willing to keep Yana under her care but when Yana's grandparents saw her living situaion, being neglected by her own dad and taken cared of by her mom's best friend, they felt the need to take Yana with them. To them, a 9-year old girl isn't safe around a drunkard father.

"When will you be back?" Jungkook asked trying not to let Yana see his sadness.

"I don't know, nana said I need to come with her since dad can't take care of me." Yana said in a low voice, almost sounding ashamed.

"But my mom is taking care of you..." Jungkook said.

"Yes she is but Nana said it's not right that I'm taking your mom's time away from you." Yana explained further.

"Can't you tell her that I don't mind sharing my mom with you? Maybe she'll change her mind if she knows that." Jungkook suggested.