Part SEVEN: Drive

You look at the sleeping bunny beside you. He zoned out the moment you finished giving him a sponge bath. He didn't see you lay beside him so now you're just there a few inches away from Jungkook, lying on your side making sure he's okay.

You check his temperature again, this time using the thermal scan from his mom so you can monitor his temperature without waking him. She says he might need to take another pill after 6 hours if he's still febrile. You check the clock and it's almost time to give him the next dose.

Your eyes are on his Iron Man wall clock and you sit up immediately when it hits 3:00 PM. Good thing his temperature went down to almost normal. His mom said you can do another round of sponge bath so you get to work right away.

Jungkook was awakened by the gentle dabbing on his forehead. He wasn't at all surprised to see an angelic face hovering over him looking all worried yet seriously concentrated on her task to take care of him.

You were seated right beside him on the other side of his bed. He could tell you've been with him all this time, judging by the way your side of the bed had wrinkled sheets. He reaches out a hand to touch your wrist and squinted his eyes trying to look at you.

"What time is it?" He asked, almost whispering.

"A little over 3... I'm just giving you another sponge bath but if your fever doesn't go down further you need to take another pill okay? Mom's instructions." You said while continuing to dab the lightly soaked towel on his forehead.

"Thank you..." He said before closing his eyes again. "... for taking good care of me."

You smile as you see him helplessly fall back to sleep. It feels great taking care of him for a change since he was the one always taking good care of you. Whenever you're sad or not feeling well, Jungkook has always been that one person who understands and knows how to ease your pain.

The following days were quite okay. His condition improved and was back to normal like nothing happened. Good thing because his parents didn't want to leave their sick son behind to enjoy their annual week-long getaway as a couple.

His folks are seriously "couple goals". They've been married for more than 20 years yet they still go out on monthly dates and annual vacations. Since Jin turned 21 and could look over you and Jungkook, they have been going on a cruise together. This time they're off for a 10-day Mediterranean cruise.

"Your brother will be back next weekend so please try not to burn the house down." Mrs Jeon says to both you and Jungkook in the airport. She crushes you in her arms and whispered something. "Look after the boys okay?" She says  before letting you go.

Mrs. Jeon trusts you with her life. She knows that you're the sensible kid in the bunch. Always responsible and never gets in trouble. Somehow you appreciate her for that but you always remind her how lucky they are to have great kids like Jin ang Jungkook.

*******
"This isn't the way home..." You suddenly realize judging by the long drive and unfamiliar highway that you're in. "What are you up to now?" You said directing your attention to Jungkook by sliding sideways in your seat. He looks really handsome in any angle, especially when driving his car.

He's also sexy as f*ck. The way he maneuvers the vehicle is quite cool and how he smoothly lets the steering wheel slide through his hands is a breathtaking site.

Jungkook glances at you sideways giving off a wide smile. "You're gonna love it, I swear!" He says with much enthusiasm that sent your heart fluttering helplessly. That's the Jungkook effect everyone is talking about in school. Once he catches your attention you're hooked and there's no turning back.

"You know I trust you... but why do I feel like we're not going home tonight?" You asked as you glance over to the rear passenger seat seeing his huge duffle bag neatly laying on the floor.

"Relax, we'll be home in time before Jin hyung arrives." He reassures you with his sweet honey voice. The only sound that can soothe every aching muscle in your body. The kind that sends your heart beating so fast like running a marathon. If he only knew how his every move affects you, he might laugh at you or worse, run away.

*******
💜 "Thank you for patiently reading this slow *ss story. "
🙏🏽 "Please send me some LOVE by VOTING and leaving COMMENTS!"