𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎|| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝙼𝚊𝚐𝚗𝚎𝚝

On the train tracks, the group of five walked together, following the compasses to north. Lucas, Dustin, and (Y/n) ahead while Eleven and Mike followed behind.

"How much further?" Lucas asked sighing. They were pretty far out but there wasn't much to see other then tree's out there.

      "I don't know. These only tell direction, not distance." Dustin replied looking at his compass. "You really need to learn more about compasses." He added.

      "I'm just saying. How do we know when we get to the gate?" Lucas asked impatiently. (Y/n) could understand why, they've been walking for almost an hour. She didn't have a way to tell the time, so she could only assume.

      "Uh, I think a portal to another dimension is gonna be pretty obvious." Dustin said as a matter of fact.

      "What do you think it's gonna look like if it is like the Vale Of Shadows?" (Y/n) asked looking at her compass.

      "Hm.. I'm not sure. Maybe black and white? Whispy or something like that?" Dustin replied looking at her.

      "Ooh, that sounds cool. Maybe it'll be colder the closer we get to it. Or maybe have a smell." (Y/n) smirked. Dustin didn't know if a portal to where Will was would have a smell, but he didn't want to shoot down the idea. Lucas sighed.

      "Do you two think she's acting weird?" Lucas asked looking behind him then to them. When he looked back, he saw Eleven wipe her nose on her sleeve while looking at the ground.

      "You're asking if the weirdo is acting weird?" Dustin asked glancing behind him. (Y/n) glanced back and couldn't read Eleven's expression.

      "I mean, weirder than normal?" Lucas specified. (Y/n) could see what he meant. Normally she'd be making small talk with Mike, or vice versa, but she was just walking in silence.

      "I don't know. Who cares?" Dustin replied shrugging it off. Behind them, Eleven stopped for a second and looked behind them then quickly caught up with Mike. She was breathing heavily again.

      She sat with her legs to her chest again, this time on her bed. Brenner was sitting on the bed beside her, looking at a picture of a man.

      "How far, Papa?" She asked him quietly.

      "Farther than we've ever gone before." He replied, then showed the picture to her. The man was in a suit and walking in town with a briefcase in hand.

      "The bath?" Eleven asked while staring at the picture.

      "Yes. Yes, the bath." Brenner answered then put the picture on her side table. He looked at her. "Is that okay?" He asked. Eleven stared ay him for a while.

       "Okay."

      Eleven walked up the metal steps, now in a different outfit, and looked at the man walking up behind and in front of her. She continued walking on a path, following the man in front to her bath. She took a step closer to another guy who put the cords on her head and attached them to her. The forth guy went to the lid of the chamber of water and twisted it open, pulling up the lid. Inside was brightly lit up water.

      A metal step with pole came down, and Eleven carefully stepped onto it, standing above the water while holding onto the poles. The same guy waited until she was lowered enough to put on the helmet so the water wouldn't get into her face. Then she was lowered into the water completely, and she could see Brenner standing on the outside. She stepped off the metal step and stood closer to the glass. Brenner waved to her from the outside. Eleven placed her hand on the glass and then all light was covered up. Leaving her in a dark abyss with water all around her.