𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗|| 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝙼𝚊𝚡

•𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟺•

"Son of a bitch, son of a bitch!" Dustin muttered angrily looking under couch cushions for any spare change. He ran out of the room and into the living room, past the tv and his mom(who was laying on the reclining chair). Dustin lifted the cushion and saw something shine. He picked it up and groaned.

"Another stupid penny!" Dustin yelled, chucking the penny over his shoulder. His cat, Mews, meowed as the penny went flying past him.

"Dusty, watch it!" His mom said, petting the cat on her lap to calm him. "You almost hit Mews."

"Can I please check under your cushions?" Dustin asked moving to his mom. His mother looked at him with a confused glance. "Mom, please? It's an emergency!" Dustin whined. His mother made a whining sound to imitate him, which Dustin only did the same noise back. His mom got up, holding Mews.

"Who's your buddy? Who's your buddy?" Dustin's mom asked Mews in a baby voice. Dustin lifted the seat cushion and found the treasure he was looking for.

"Love you, Mom." Dustin said before running off to his room. Dustin grabbed his Walkie and sat on the floor beside his bed. "Lucas, you copy?" Dustin asked into the Walkie. "I've got four quarters. What's your haul?"

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five." Lucas said from the Walkie.

"How?" Dustin asked in disbelief.

"While you were scrounging around like a homeless bum, I mowed Old Man Humphrey's lawn." Lucas explained.

"Old Man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?" Dustin asked.

"Just call Mike already."

"You call Mike." Dustin said back. Dustin would feel that Lucas was smirking. It was a gut feeling.

"I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man." Lucas said. "Over and out."

"Mike, do you copy? Mike, do you copy?" Dustin's voice said through the Walkie in Eleven's fort. Mike was sitting cross legged while holding it.

"Yeah. Yeah, I copy." Mike responded after pulling the attena up.

"What the hell are you doing on this channel?"

"Nothing." Mike said quickly, obviously lying, just hoping Mike would get to the point.

"Lucas and I have six bucks total. What's your haul?"

"Shit!" Mike cursed quietly in realization. He totally forgot about the arcade today. "I- I don't know yet."

"What do you mean you don't know yet?"

"Hold on. Call Will and (Y/n)." Mike said ignoring the question. Mike closed the attena and got up, running upstairs. He went into Nancy's room, and went through her wardrobe, opening the top drawer, finding her nightgowns. He opened the second drawer and went through it, finding her penny bank. He took the cork out of it, and started dumping the coins on her bed.