Chapter 21: Saving Dobby!

Dumbledore office.

The three of us, Harry, Ron and I, were covered in muck and slime standing in Dumbledore office right in front of him I bet we smelled horrible. Dumbledore was examining his charred diary. Then he looked up, regarding gravely at us.

"Ingenious. Simply... ingenious." He said when he looked up.

"Of course, Tom Riddle was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen. I taught him myself fifty years ago. After he left, I would occasionally hear stories of his activities- dark rumors- but after awhile, even the rumors stopped. When he finally resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, most people had completely forgotten the clever Head Boy he'd once been." Dumbledore explained

"I didn't know whose diary it was, sir. I swear. I found it inside my cauldron." Ginny says then looks at us. "The day we all went to Diagon Alley."

I furrowed my eyebrows thinking about the day we went to Diagon Alley.

"But I understand if... given all the trouble I've caused... if you-" Ginny said sadly but Dumbledore cut her off.

"Wiser wizards than you have been hoodwinked by Lord Voldemort, Miss Weasley. No, I think you've endured enough. I would suggest a bit of bed rest, however. And perhaps a large mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up. Minerva, will you show Arthur and Molly up to the hospital wing?" Dumbledore says

"Certainly, Albus." Professor McGonagall says. As they exit, the three of us watch them go and Mrs.Weasley voice carries:

"A diary that writes back to you! Honestly, Ginny! What were you thinking? Haven't I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain!"

The three of us turned back. To see Dumbledore regarding gravely at us again.

"You three realize, of course, that in the last few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules?"

"Yes, sir." Harry and Ron said and I just nodded.

"And that there is sufficient evidence to expel all three of you?"

"Yes, sir."

"Technically-" I started and Harry nudged my shoulder hard and I glared at him and rubbed my arm.

"Therefore, it seems only fitting..." Dumbledore says his eyes twinkling. "That the three of you receive Special Awards for Services to the School. And- let me see- yes, I think two hundred points apiece, which, I believe, should be more than enough to secure Gryffindor the house cup."

"Thank you, sir." Harry and Ron said grinning.

"600 points, that's a lot more than enough!" I said excitedly.

"Now, Mr. Weasley, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. We need our gamekeeper back." Dumbledore says and Ron nods, taking the envelope and leaves.

"First, boys, I want to thank you. You must have shown me real loyalty down in the chamber. Nothing but that could have called Fawkes to you. Secondly, I sense you're troubled by something. Harry, am I right?" Dumbledore says and I looked at Harry

"It's just, you see, sir, I couldn't help noticing certain things. Certain similarities. Between Tom Riddle and me." Harry explained

"You can speak Parseltongue, Harry, both of you, because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue. Unless I'm much mistaken, he transformed some of his own powers to you the night he gave you that scar." Dumbledore explained then I got confused.

"Professor? How exactly can I speak...parseltongue, and how come I don't have a scar?" I asked

Dumbledore looked down then looked back at me. "You where there as you know...when Harry parents died I'm sure your parents told you that." He says and I nodded my head yes.