Chapter Six

In which Khun curses.

Khun's POV

Khun couldn't remember the name of the movie they decided on. He couldn't even remember the main character, nor the plot, nor the famous, starring actor, nor the genre. Because, thirty minutes in, Bam had fallen asleep, promptly laying his head on Khun's shoulder. It wasn't heavy nor uncomfortable, but Khun was never one for physical touch.

"What an impolite host," he chuckled to himself. After making sure Bam really was asleep, he stood up and gently laid Bam's head on the blue decorative pillow. He then covered him with the couch's thin throw blanket and turned off the TV. He ejected the disc from the DVD player, nearly placed it in its case, and set it on top of the player. He didn't want to put it in the wrong place on the shelf.

Then, without a word, he silently left the house and drove home.

He parked the car in the garage. His father didn't notice one of his seven white sports cars gone missing. Or, of course, that one of his sons came home an hour and a half late. He was probably too busy preparing for their family event and making sure everything looked pretty for the wealthy guests who were to arrive soon.

Khun kicked off his shoes into a suction pipe by the front door that would clean them and send them directly to his room. He then climbed the blue velvet stairs to the third floor, down one of the five hallways, past six other rooms, and into his own. He walked over to his desk by the back window and stared at the lake, where the sun was hiding partially behind the surrounding trees.

"Damn it. . ." Was all he could say.

" Was all he could say