Chapter Eight

In which Bam gets pampered.

Bam's POV

Bam was not expecting this. To be fair, he hadn't been expecting to have Khun over for a movie, much less to go to Khun's house for a family event, but here he was. He was rushed into a bathroom on the third floor, scrubbed and brushed clean in a matter of minutes, and dried off just as quickly.

"Stay," commanded a blonde lady with a thick French accent. She slammed the door shut, leaving Bam naked and cold.

"Monique?" He heard Khun outside the door. "Je peux t'aider?"

"Ah! Khun!" They spoke back and forth in French, the conversation ending with a satisfied grunt from Monique.

She swung the door open. "Quickly, quickly, Bam!"
Bam didn't even have time to be embarrassed about the whole situation. He wrapped himself in a towel and followed her down the hall into a room.

"Zis is Aguero's room. No touch. At all." She slammed the door shut again.

The room was probably bigger than three of Bam's living rooms. It had grey walls and a gleaming chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The bedspread was a simple grey, and there was more grey and white furniture and decorations with blue accents.

Bam felt awkward sitting on a chair, dressed in nothing but a towel, in the middle of a room of someone he didn't even know.

Just a minute later, the door swung open again. Jeez, did anyone in this family ever knock?

Bam turned in the direction of the door, already annoyed, but all of that negativity dissolved when he saw Khun in the doorway.

When he said he wished he could just die then and there, he meant it.

Khun, who he already thought was possibly the coolest person he'd ever met, was even cooler right now. He was dressed fancily, his hair was gelled to make him look like an accomplished business man in his mid twenties, and he stood with perfect posture and a relaxed expression on his face.

Bam, on the other hand, stood in the middle of a fancy room, on a chair, with nothing but a towel, and his facial expression was probably so distorted that he struggled to look humane. He could not possibly emphasize how terrible of a situation he was in.

But Khun didn't even seem to notice, much less care. Three women flooded in the room after him, and he started talking to them in various languages: French to Monique, Spanish to another lady, and Korean to the last.

If Khun had impressed Bam before, he was on a whole other level now. Bam knew he was studying foreign languages, but he didn't know he was this fluent, especially not in three.

Before the women were allowed to get started on dressing Bam and getting him ready, Khun stepped closer to him and tilted his chin up.

Khun was cold. Not that he had ever been particularly warm, but there was something about his aura that seemed cold and almost inhuman.

Bam gulped and hoped Khun didn't look down.

Good thing! He didn't.

Bad thing, he stared into Bam's eyes for a solid ten seconds, which only worsened Bam's lower issues.

Without warning, Khun dropped his finger, causing Bam's head to fall. He continued to give commands and then left.

The ladies went to work. In just five minutes, Bam was dressed in a suit and tie that fit him suspiciously well. His suit was white, a generous contrast to Khun's, and his tie was a deep gold that matched his eyes. Bam wouldn't have even been surprised if someone told him the tie was laced with real 24k gold.