Chapter Thirteen

In which Khun is proud of his intellect.

Khun's POV

Khun had really outdone himself. He was truly a genius of his time.

Khun hated to break promises. As cunning and cold-hearted as he was so often, he preferred to keep the sacredness of the verbal promise. So he did. He promised Bam he would tell him everything about Friday night. And he did. He didn't leave out any details, no matter how embarrassed Bam looked.

What Khun didn't mention, however, was that, at 12:01 AM, on Saturday morning, he may or may not have given Bam a little bit of a kiss. But that was all.

They stood around the island in Bam's kitchen, as they had done on Friday afternoon, and chatted over two glasses of ice water. Khun went more into detail on the Christmas event, constantly reassuring Bam that it would be nothing like Friday night. He silently cursed Isu, Endorsi, Hatz, and Anaak for bringing Bam with them. He had wanted to keep his new friend out of this part of his life. Or, perhaps, he had wanted Bam's first impression to be an elegant, regal Christmas ball.

Only when the clock hit 1:00 PM did Khun realize they spent so much time at the flea market. Regardless, he was thrilled to have spent his Sunday morning as he did. The coffee, the laughter, the conversations, and, of course, his new moose plushie all made up what felt like a dream. It turned out to be a huge success and an unforgettable Sunday with his friend.