Snow Flower

The sky seemed like a bowl of whipped cream all fluffed up and set ready to be piped onto a deliciously tempting cake

The sky seemed like a bowl of whipped cream all fluffed up and set ready to be piped onto a deliciously tempting cake. But, from it fell the sparkles reflecting the sunlight in precise angles, snowflakes. No wonder they have no twin every piece carrying a beauty of its own, only created to represent unique versatility.

Versatile only because it delineates both deep melancholy and lighthearted euphoria. The sunlight hardly felt on the pearl white skin of the young male seated by the bench. His features illustrated perfect youth and seemed sculpted by the best hands. But they reflected deep scars, melancholy that by the sight of his oh so perfect face voiced a deep melody of grief and regret.

It was sweet on the surface yet bittersweet within the folds of truth and reality. Time and fate had played, and had it played a foul game, that brought with it soft tears like the deliquescent snow each one, fallen for a reason unique and grief pervaded.

His mind was far from his presence, lost in the past that like a labyrinth took with it everything that came by, even himself. Taehyung hasn't just lost his love and light but what he thought was his reason to breathe. Happenstance, he just needed his body, yet she had taken away a part of him. A part that seemed to have found peace in the soft heat of dawn and the fragile glow of twilight.

His heavy boots made patterns not worth deciphering.

Had it all been a waste. His self-consuming passion and love for his better half, was it just worth a few signatures on flimsy papers.

If only they could just crumble and turn to dust and turn it all to a dream. The misty pictures of the dour features of her wife, as her slender fingers, he had loved holding a bit tightly to assure she was with him, signed the papers. It broke his heart all over again to reminisce the evening that passed away meekly without a complaint.

What was to come was the new lush pads of spring. Brewing the perfect concoction of hope and freshness; spring. With it Taehyung hoped for not happiness but hope and desire to move on. A thirst for forbidden pleasure and mirth. Human instincts never failed to seek its needs.

Written : XX - February - 2022

Vote, comment, share♡