Scenery

I didnt realise where my legs had brought me

The bridge...why here?
Looking around I realise I had come to the same place we first had got together.

Here I am standing alone...

Yes we broke up...although it didnt take a heartbreak , a million tears and a painful goodbye...like I believed.

Just a soft goodbye smile, a lone tear, and a wave of the hand...
I had turned around walking away from him. Not once, did I feel the need to turn back look at his face, the one that held so many emotions, just for me.

I smile it the sight of the ancient bridge, leaning on the cold metal, I let the light breeze blow against my hair.

I had my winter clothes on, but they failed to keep me warm, for a long time, now.

The minute we broke the hug...yes,
The warmth left my body the minute I walked away, and nothing can replace the heat I lost

...to him.

We both had agreed on it, it was better to break up, move on, only so he could move out peacefully.

He had to fly far, we both knew we couldn't stay apart from each other. It was for the best...for the both of us.

And here I am, led to our first date spot, by god knows what. Ironic how it was me who brought us together and him, asking for a break up.

We both had agreed on this...

Yet, it felt bittersweet, a taste I never wanted to feel on my tongue. A lump growing in my throat, the thoughts I tried to suppress.

I only wanted to concentrate on my steady breathing...

The sea that stretched out under the bridge, peaceful as ever, its surface smooth and undisturbed as the waves flowed. The waters had not a care in the world.

The sky was no different from what I saw below. Blue and dark. Smooth and reflective.

And the city, busy as ever, why did time have to move so fast?
Why didnt every day that pass before this go slower?
Why didnt the sun rise to end the night a little later than yesterday?

My eyes were tearing up... I hadn't realised till they fell on my hand.

Faster, they fell, but I was...smiling
I tilt my face up to stop the tears from falling down. I could feel my chest clench and my frame tremble inside the voluminous clothes I was wearing. In a desperate attempt to wipe of the tears, I didnt realise I walking backward.

~

Vehicles didn't make it this way, but the small length was decreasing with every step she took. Callous as her steps were, and focus fixed on her tears and trembling cold person.

~

My back hit the railing on the other side, ur was instantly was pulled into a strong embrace, almost immediately. The opposing force made me look up...

"What are you trying, miss?"

A man, way older than me, perfect features and strength. His single eyebrow raised questioningly, but it looked admirable, with a hint of mischief, which seemed to suit him of so well.

"Nothing, I'm sorry." I mumble looking away only to realise where I was. I could feel my eyes open wide and jaw drop a bit too dramatically.

I'd just hit the opposite railing of the bridge, one wrong step and I'd have skipped on my own feet and fallen into the deep blue.

"I-I'm sorry, thank you-" I release my self from his hold and walk away.

I dont look back but walk away with a smile of satisfaction in my heart.

That embrace was all I needed and he took me for a stranger.

He had moved and so did she.

WRITTEN : XX - XX - 2021

I'm not sure when this was written exactly cause it's from a very long time ago. It's one of my first one shots i wrote after listening to scenery by Taehyung from BTS.

vote, comment, share♡