Chapter 4- Bucky

Steve and I were inside Bucky's apartment in Romania

Steve and I were inside Bucky's apartment in Romania. Steve was in his dark blue, armored suit with his shield strapped onto his arm while I was wearing a black leather jacket with the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on the shoulders, a maroon t shirt, black jeans, black fingerless gloves and black combat boots. I also still had my hair up in a ponytail.

We look around the apartment and I find a notebook on top of the fridge. "Steve." I say as I pick it up and hand it to him. It had different colored tabs sticking out of the pages. When Steve opens it, he finds a picture of him in his uniform.

"Heads up, Cap, Kaitlyn. German Special Forces, approaching from the south." We hear Sam say over our comms.

"Understood." Steve says. I sensed another presence in the room and slowly turned around to see Bucky standing behind me and Steve. I tap on Steve's shoulder and he turns around.

"Do you know us?" Steve asks.

Bucky looks at Steve. "You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." He looks at me. "And you're Kaitlyn."

"That's right." I say, stepping forward a little.

"They sent me to kill you." Bucky says, referring to HYDRA.

I nod my head. "Yes."

"They've set the perimeter." Sam says.

Steve sets Bucky's notebook on a table. "I know you're nervous, and you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." He says.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Bucky says.

"They're entering the building." Sam informs us.

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." I say.

"That's smart. Good strategy." Bucky says. We hear faint footsteps approaching inside the building.

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised." Sam says.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." Steve says.

"It always ends in a fight." Bucky says.

"Five seconds." Sam says.

"You pulled me from the river. Why?" Steve asks. Bucky takes off his glove, showing his metal hand.

"I don't know." Bucky responds.

"Three seconds." Sam says.

"Yes, you do." Steve says.

"All right, I hate to break this up but we need to..." I was interrupted by Sam when he starts shouting into the comms.

"Breach! Breach! Breach!" He exclaims.

Steve pushes me out of the way when a grenade crashes through the window and he hits it away with his shield. Another grenade was thrown next to Bucky, he kicks it towards me and I shield it with my force field when it goes off. None of us were impacted by the blast.