Chapter 7- Escape

It's been two days since I woke up in the mental facility and I was beginning to feel better

It's been two days since I woke up in the mental facility and I was beginning to feel better. I've been moving around the facility and going on walks to get some fresh air. The place hasn't changed much since the last time I was here. I visited my old hiding spots in the hospital and it brought back memories during my stay here after the Battle of New York. I remember the times I would roam around the halls and end up getting lost after having a nightmare. Dr. Wilson would always find me hiding in a closet or sitting in a corner somewhere and escort me back to my room.

After coming back from one of my walks, I went into the cafeteria to grab some lunch and saw a familiar face. It was Benny, a young man I had met during my first week here in the facility. He is an ex military soldier who suffered from a brain injury after an incident during one of his tours and has been in and out of this hospital for as long as anyone can remember. What the military didn't know about him was that he is an Enhanced person with the ability to create illusions.

"Benny?" I say in a hoarse voice.

Benny looks up and smiles when he sees me. "Kaitlyn?" He says. He was eating his lunch at a table by himself and stands up from his chair. I place my empty tray on a table and run over to him to give him a hug.

"Oh, it's so good to see you!" Benny says.

"I missed you." I say.

"I missed you, too." Benny says. We let go. "Look at you, you're all grown up. What are you doing back? I thought you've gone off doing bigger and better things. Aren't you still with the Avengers?" I look away and didn't say anything.

Benny notices the faint bruises around my neck and gives me a sad look. "What happened?" When I still don't answer, he pulls up a chair and has me sit down next to him. "Here, come sit down. Tell me what happened."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When lunch was over and everyone had left the cafeteria, Benny and I were still sitting at our table

When lunch was over and everyone had left the cafeteria, Benny and I were still sitting at our table. I told him everything that happened. I told him about the Accords, what lead to it, the framing of Bucky after the bombings, him almost killing me and the division of the Avengers.