Chapter 6- Zemo

I walked into a room where Sam, Steve and Sharon were watching the interrogation of Bucky

I walked into a room where Sam, Steve and Sharon were watching the interrogation of Bucky. I sat at a table next to Sam and he looks at me.

"You okay?" He asks me, concern on his face. I had been crying after eavesdropping on Steve and Tony's conversation. I went to the bathroom to wash off the tears and even though the water helped with the swelling a little bit, it didn't help with the redness.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie. Sam looks at me suspiciously, not believing me but doesn't question me any further.

"The receipt for your gear." Sharon says to Sam, handing him a piece of paper.

"Bird costume? Come on." Sam says.

"I didn't write it." Sharon says. She then presses a button which overrides the audio so we could listen in on Bucky's evaluation.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions." The interrogator sitting at a desk in front of Bucky's pod says. He had a European accent. "Do you know where you are, James?" Bucky doesn't answer. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky."

As Steve was watching the interrogation, he was holding a photo of Bucky that the news released after the bombings. "Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" He asks.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can." Sharon responds.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier." Steve says.

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?" Sharon asks.

"Steve, we looked for Bucky for two years and found nothing." I say.

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Steve says.

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him." Sharon says. "It guarantees that we would." Sharon and Steve look at each other while I stood up from my chair and we all looked at the screen.

"Yeah." Steve says.

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?" The interrogator asks.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Bucky says.

"You fear that if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry. We only have to talk about one." The interrogator says.

Suddenly, the lights in the facility go out and I look around the room wondering where it came from. Sharon looks at the three of us. "Sub-level five, East Wing." She says. Sam, Steve and I run out of the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we make it to where Bucky was, we noticed the officers were all lying on the ground unconscious. We hear a faint voice from inside the room and Steve walks inside. He sees the interrogator lying on the ground and approaches him.