Chapter 8- Rescuing Wanda

It was getting dark out and I was standing outside of Will's house

It was getting dark out and I was standing outside of Will's house. I knock on his door and his sister, Courtney, opens it. A surprised look crosses her face when she sees me. After not answering Will's calls or text messages, I'd figure that I would drop by his house and let him know I was okay.

"Kaitlyn?" Courtney says.

"Hey, C.J., I was wondering if..."

I was taken aback and almost lost my footing when Courtney gives me a quick hug. "Nice to see you, too, C.J. I was wondering if Will was home. I need to talk to him."

"Oh, yeah. He's out back playing basketball." Courtney says. She closes the door as I step inside the house. "Mom! Dad! Kaitlyn's here." We both walk into the kitchen to see Will's dad, Issac, making dinner while his mom, Nora, was setting the table.

"Kaitlyn, it's been a long time. We heard about what happened. How are you holding up?" Mr. Jones asks.

"I'm doing okay. How's your new job?" I ask.

"Oh, it's going great! It's got all the perks." Mr. Jones responds. "Will you be joining us for dinner? I'm making salmon."

"Sorry, no. I came here to talk to Will." I say.

"He's out back." Mr. Jones points to the back door.

Mrs. Jones walks up to me and gives me a hug. "I'm so glad you're alright. We've been so worried about you. Will hasn't stopped talking about you. Says you haven't answered any of his calls or texts."

"I know. I've been meaning to get back to him, it's just...things have been a little crazy lately." I say.

"Do you need a place to stay? Our door is always open. You can stay here as long as you'd like." Mrs. Jones offers.

"I wish I could, but I can't." I say.

"Okay. Offer still stands if you change your mind." Mrs. Jones says.

"Thanks." I smile and walk out the back door.

I lean against the doorframe and watch Will throw his basketball into the hoop. "Hey, Will." I say. He gives me a surprised look when he turns around, he drops his basketball and runs to give me a hug.

"I heard you were in the hospital. Are you okay?" Will asks as we let go.

"Yes, I'm fine. What happened with Bucky wasn't his fault. The guy that was interviewing him must have triggered something and made him act out like that." I explain.

"I've been calling and texting you. Why haven't you answered? Is it true about what's happening with the Avengers? What happened when you got arrested and what are the Sokovia Accords-" Will questions me in one breath.

"Will, calm down. A lot has been happening but let's just say, the Avengers and I haven't exactly been getting along." I say.

Will furrows his brow. "How come?"