Not A Dream

I awoke after noon and found that Steve was gone. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, adjusting my vision. I gazed out the window into the quiet day. My leg surgery for right now was over. My nurse came in and explained to me about the steal pins they had put in and how long it would take to heal. I was still in a hell of a lot of pain. I remember last night. Both our birthdays. That is something. And we have a lot in common. I just hope he and the team is okay wherever they are and whatever they're doing.

I turned on the news and saw something about a terrorist threat.

"Oh god..."

I kept reading the banner that ran across the screen over and over and over. The only thought I could think of was Steve and the team. That's why he left without telling me so he wouldn't want me to worry.

I dialed his number. No answer. I dialed it again and it kept ringing, ringing, and ringing. Still no answer. I don't know what to do. I started to panic and kept glaring out the window of the ocean.

"God, please watch over them. Please keep them safe and guide them through all of this mess."

I said with tears forming in my eyes. I put his shirts on and I wanted to put the pants on too but I needed someone to help me. I kept looking at my phone hoping he would give me some sign to let me know he was okay. I cuddled with the tiger because Steve wasn't near for me to cuddle with. The pillow and the spot smelled like his axe, axe dark temptation. I just hope he and the team is okay.