{10}

Claire's POV

I pulled out of the kiss, which had now been occurring more passionately for about five minutes.

"Ian, we can't be doing this..." He pushed back towards me, and I once again melted into him. He was a really, really good kisser. And he was hot.

But I had Vic.
I pulled out again.

"Ian, please." I gently rested my fingers on his mouth, preventing him from kissing me again.

"Okay." He whispered softly. "Claire, you're so beautiful."

I smiled, slowly wriggling out of his warm embrace. Guilt slowly began eating at my heart.

"Ian, this can never work. We- we can't be a thing." I said, motioning to the space between us on the couch. "Alex- she really likes you, and- and I have Vic." The words sounded strange now, like a betrayal. But Vic was mine, and I couldn't ruin what we had.

"You obviously don't care about him that much, considering what we just did." That set me off.

"Vic is the best thing to ever happen to me. I'm not letting my best friend's boyfriend ruin my relationship. I barely even know you."

"For God's sake, Claire. I'm not her boyfriend. I'm not even that into her. But you..." He moved closer, narrowing the gap I had created between us. "You, I could easily fall in love with." I pushed him away again.

"Ian, stop this. I suggest you forget this little ordeal ever happened, because as of right now, it didn't." I stood up and walked across the room to the door. "Stay here until Alex gets back." With that, I slammed the door, leaving a stunned Ian on the couch.

I cannot believe I just did that. I'm such a fucking whore. Why couldn't I just be happy with the great relationship I already had? Oh, God. Why did I kiss him back?

I entered Vic's room, and slumped against the wall. I covered my face with my hands, paralyzed with guilt. When Lindsay kissed Vic, he had immediately pushed her off, running after me. He was faithful. He had never given in. I had no excuse. I was a sorry piece of shit.

I wiped the tears now streaming down my face, and guilt made my heart weigh a thousand pounds. I had to get rid of Ian, get rid of the memory of what I had done.

I jumped up, heading to the hallway. Alex was heading quickly for Ian's door, but I grabbed her by the elbow and pulled her aside.

"Alex, he can't come." Her smile faded.

"Uh, why not?" I shook my head.

"He just can't."

She jerked her elbow out of my grasp.

"Tell me what's going on."

"Nothing's going on, Alex. He can't come."

"Well you can't seem to come up with a legitimate reason, so..." She turned and pulled the door open. I grabbed the handle and pulled it forcefully closed.

"What the fuck, Claire?" She stared at me, looking a little hurt.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I couldn't tell her what happened. She'd be crushed, and I would be a cheating shit in her eyes. I was silent.

"That's what I thought." I stepped back, under her forceful glare, and she entered the room, slamming the door behind her. I'm doomed.