Chapter 1

He had meet Lady Sybil when both of them where 18. He had to admit she had caused a great impresion on him the moment he saw her, wating for his car to slow down, along with her family.

He had solwly realised he had fallen in love with the youngest Crawley, but now there was nothing to do, he had let his opportunity slip through his fingers. He could not return to Downton Abbey, couldn't he?

On one of his familly visits, he shared a close and rather romantic conversation with her. "Larry, would you like to marry in a future?" Lady Sybil asked while walking under tree shades. "Of course, eventhough I am the heir to my familly fortune, it is always good to asure a possition in society. Besides, my parents surly have thought of who could possibly be the next Lady Hampher"

"Oh Larry, I am not talking about that type or marriage, I want to marry for love, not convenience" Replied Lady Sybil. "You never seem to understand that"

"For people in our positions, love is not always an option"

Sybil could simply not continue with this conversation, she could not understand how Larry, an old friend from her childhood, could not think about love when talking about marriage. Eventhough she felt fond of him when they both were young, he did not share her views, and he certainly was not a man she could love.

Larry had last seen her at a summer party, two years ago. He had an internal debate about wether to ask her or not for her hand in marrige. When he found out his parents had already chosen a posh member of the english aristocracy for him, he decided to wait.