Chapter 6

"Here you are, love." With that, Tom aproched Sybil and kissed her deeply.

"Tom, this is my childhood friend, Larry Hampher." Tom reached out to shake hands with Larry, but he just looked at Sybil with disgust in his eyes.

"So he is your husband! A silly little chauffer? He is the man you have decided to spend your life with?! When ypu could have had a proper man like me, with a fortune and a title?!" Larry shouted.

Tom was getting angry, so Sybil decided to do something before the two men ended up on the floor attaking each other.

"Tom, don't listen to him, he doesn't understand love, he never has."

"Oh, I do understand love but how was I so stupid, I was about to marry a woman who prefers a chauffer!" Larry could not contain hia anger any more.

No one did notice Sybbie sneaking into the library behind Tom. When she started to heare Larry shouting, she started to sobb and cry.

"Oh my darling, what are you doing here?" Asked Sybil, who's anger had suddently vanished at the sight of her daughter crying. "Don't you worry."

"That man is making my mama and papa upset, he is shouting at them, he is a bad man!" Sybbie replied looking directly at Larry's eyes.

"I don't know who you are, and I couldn't care less, but get out of my sight and don't dare come near my family again." Tom replied.

"Sybil, seriousley? I don't know what lead to your marriage with the chauffer, but I an giving to you the oportunity ypto fix your errors and to marry me." Larry really meant what he was saying, which made Sybil go mad.

"WHAT?!" Sybil's voice was the loudest. "How can I make you understand that I do not love you? I love Tom! " They both exchanged a tender glance. "I gave everything up to marry him, he makes me the happiest woman alive! We have a wonderful daughter and a baby who will soon be here, and I expect to have lots of more children with my husband! Now go and don't come back ." Sybil was the one who pushed Tom and their daughter out of the library.

Larry didn't realise he still had his mouth open. He was ready to go home and to never come back to downton, when he saw Lord Grantham coming towards him.

"How could you allow such marriage to take place?" Asked Larry.

"At first I didn't agree at all. Belive me, I tried to stop it with all my resources."

"I could have ofered her a title, money, a position. But know she is married to a insignificant chauffer!" Larry was about to burst.

"I will not allow you to insult my son-in-law, he makes Sybil very happy, and is a wonderful father!"

Larry could no longer belive this, how could an Earl defend a marriage between one of his daughters and a chauffer?

"I can't take anymore of this!" And with that, Larry got onto his car and drove off.