Chapter 4

His heart was pounding faster that he thought was possible, his car was aproaching the Crawley's home. A three minute drive is what separated him from Lady Sybil, his Sybil, soon to be Lady Sybil Hampher.

The car slowly stopped and Larry rushed out. He was greated by Carson, who looked at him disaprovingly, as he didn't like visits that were not previously planned out.

He was told to wait in the library, while Lord Grantham came to meet him. He looked at the room he had spent most of his summers in. Everything was exactly as he remembered, everything in its place.

Sudently, a small photograph caught his atention. There was a young, probably two year old child, looking at him. She looked just like Lady Sybil, except for here eyes, the were bluer, deeper. His thoughts were interrupted by Lord Grantham's heavy steps across the wooden floor.

"Larry, we were not expecting you until next month."

"I am deeply sorry, but my reason to visit could not wait."

"So tell me, why have you suddently comed to visit, after this two years?"

"I am here to ask you for your daughter's hand in marriage"

Lord Grantham could possibly not be more suprised by what he had just heard. "You want to marry Edith?"

"No-no I am talking about Sybil" corrected Larry.

"Sybil! But she is-" Robert Crawley could not finish his sentence. Sybil had just entered the library. She was wearing a beautiful blue dress, which matched her hat. Her dress emphasised the fact that her belly was slowly growing, and will soon be bigger than ever.

"Larry, I don't know what to say! Look at you, two years since we last saw each other, you haven't changed a bit."

"S-Sy-Sybil" That was all Larry could say, his eyes still fixed on her belly.

"So tell me, are you and Emma getting engaged soon? Oh, I have to meet her." Sybil was very happy to see her old friend again, but she could sense something was just not right.

At that precise moment, Sybbie ran through the door of the library, making Larry open his mouth as he took in all of this.

"Mama, mama! Look what I have, cookies from ms patmore! Do you want any?" Sybbie slowly realised there was a strange man she had never seen, standing next to her mother.

"Larry, I think I owe you an explanation, I told you lots of things have changed since we last saw each other"

Larry could not belive this. Sybil, the person he had come to ask her to marry him, was pregnant with her second child. He could only think about one thing, who was the father? Who was Sybil's husband?