f i v e

E.J AND MARIE SHOWED UP TO THE DANCE, walking up to Mr. Mazzara to check into the dance, as Gina was in line behind them. "Last name is Caswell, first name is E.J. There should be two tickets." Marie states to Mr. Mazzara as he goes to look a the list, "Found it. Wait, when did you become 'Nini'?" he questions, pointing a finger at the redhead. "There was a last-minute cast change." E.J simply responds.

   "Whatever. Looks like you're at table ten with the other theater kids. Snap a photo on your way in." Mr. Mazzara says handing the teens the tickets.

"Come on!" Marie spoke excitedly, dragging E.J. over to the photo area. "Nuh-uh. No way. I didn't agree to photos." The boy shook his head as they stopped in front of photo booth.

     "Relax. It's all part of the plan." Marie assured him, lying through her teeth. She had no idea what the plan was, or even why they we're there in the first place.

"Right, and what exactly is the plan?" The two posed for a picture "All will be revealed." She gritted out through her teeth, still holding her bright smile.

     "Look, I agreed to take you here. What else did I agree to?" He questioned again, as they switched poses. The redhead almost felt butterflies in her stomach as E.J's arm wrapped around her waist.

"Fewer questions more nodding. Say cheese." Marie quietly said to him before they finished taking pictures. The two then started to walk over to the table with all of the other theater kids.

"Excuse us? These seats taken?" Marie questioned shyly, everybody at the table all sending them shocked looks at the couple that were standing in front of them.

《✭✭✭✭》

    Everybody was sitting at the table and Carlos and Ashlyn were talking, "He'll show up, okay? Maybe he just hit traffic." Ashlyn says trying to comfort him. "We live in Salt Lake City. There hasn't been traffic since the 2002 Winter Olympics." Carlos says in response to Ashlyn's statement, I then say "Don't assume Seb stood you up, okay? Maybe he was just in a farming accident." "Not helping." Carlos says still sad that Seb isn't here yet.

    "I'm gonna go get some punch you want some?" E.J asks me as he stands up, "Yeah, sure." I say answering his question. As soon as E.J. leaves, Ricky moves over to sit next to me, "Hey, not to intrude on date night but you can do better than E.J. That guy, that guys bad news." he says and I respond with, "You're not exactly one to give relationship advice. And when I want you opinion, I'll ask." I snap back at him. "Well, I'm giving it anyway 'cause I sorta thought you were classier than this. But, hey, maybe you really are what people say you are." Ricky says, "And that is?" I ask him wondering what he meant by that. "Just a little too ambitious for your own good, or anyone else's." after he said that the entire table is silent.

    It was a little later in the night and E.J. started asking me what the plan was and of course I don't know or really have a plan. "E.J, just go with me on this, okay?" I argue, "No, I don't just with things. You need to fill me in now." he argues back. We continue arguing for another minute or so and I guess I was just so mad about everything, that I  turned around behind me and grab a cup full of punch and dumped it on E.J's head. After that I decide to leave and go home.

    Right after I left the gym I grab my jacket and go to my locker where I keep a secret small skateboard in, I don't skate as much as I want to. I guess right now will be the test. I'm about to leave the school when Ricky comes up to me, "Hey, can I apologize." he says, "Okay, go ahead." I say waiting for him to say something. "Oh. That was actually it. The apology. Look who you hang out with or don't hang with isn't any of my business." "Then why are you making it your business?" I ask genuinely wondering, "Good question. I don't know. It's like I am an outsider to the theater stuff, right? And you're, like, an outsider to East High. I thought we sort of got each other." He explains. "I mean, we did until you came for me." I say responding to him. "Yeah, I'm sorry. My world's been a little upside down lately. At home, too. It's a whole thing." "You're not the only one with home drama." I explain, "Well, I didn't need to add to yours." he says before I come up with a idea. "Give Gina a ride home and we'll call it even?" I propose. I then start walking away to leave and I could hear him say, "Sure, yeah."

                           ———— [...] ————-

    As soon as I get home I run up to my room completely ignoring my moms asking me how my night was. I just pull my shoes off and lay on bed just thinking about the whole night. After about ten minutes I go and grab my guitar and start strumming so kind of tune, I soon come up with something that sounds good so I decide to start singing some random stuff.

I'm an iceberg
There's so much more that your eyes can't see
Two girls walk into a party the one who gets noticed isn't me
I'm holdin'  on
But barely, plagued by teenage popularity
It's a terrible feeling being the ghost on the wall That's always disappearing

'Cause I wanna be somebody to someone
But it's all starting to blur like a dream
Burn the sash and smash the tiara
No, that's not me
I'll never be prom queen

    I then pull my phone out and start recording myself singing the whole song.

    I decide to send the Gina so she can hear the song but I accidentally send it to Miss Jenn.

———
kind of a crappy chapter tbh
k bye y'all