Chapter 3

Where oh where could my baby be The Lord took her away from me ... What the hell is that music... I slowly sit up taking in my surroundings. I'm in a moving car passing buildings I'm all too familiar with. Sweet I'm still in LA. I look down at myself feeling uncomfortable. I'm soaking wet with a towel rapped around my left arm. What the fuck?

Turning my head to the left I see the anonymous red head in the drivers seat.
"What's your name?" I question.
"Really? You wake up in an unknown car, dripping wet, your arm bleeding," it's bleeding? "And you ask me my name?"
"If I wanted to know what happened to me I would have asked." Laughing at his ignorance.
He turns his head to face me pity clearly in his eyes.
"Michael" He simply states turning his head back to the road. "Can I ask you something?" He continues.
"Go for it."
"Why do you not want to know what happened? Do you even care about what happens to you?" I can't help but giggle.
"Why are you laughing?" He pushes.
"I'm laughing at myself." I say simply. "I think it's better to laugh at tragedy than cry in misery and I'm a walking tragedy." He opens his mouth as if to argue but I stop him. "There is no point in denying it. Look at me."
"You deserve to know what happened tonight" he softly speaks.
"I don't deserve anything but go a head. Humor me."
He takes a big sigh and starts from the beginning. "I went to the party to get my mind off a few things. Hoping a few drinks will help clear my head. I heard my mate Calum would be at the party too. I knew he would be in the basement, that's the only reason he goes to parties," sounds familiar, "but when I came down, the only thing I noticed was you. You're head was thrown back and you're eyes were rolling to the back of your head and that's when I noticed your arm. You must have messed up shooting the heroin because your arm was bleeding like crazy. I took you in my arms and into the bathroom. I placed you in the tub and turned the water on just trying to keep you awake. I cleaned your arm while you were in there too. I was going to take you to the hospital but I don't think you want to be sent to rehab," he finishes.
"Wow I'm even a fuck up at taking drugs. Can you just take me home?" I plead.
"Of course where do you live?" I give him my address and in a few quick turns we are outside of my apartment complex. He offers to walk me to my door which I take him up on.
I say a quick thank you but before I could enter my home, he takes my wrist spins me around so I'm pressed against my front door. He takes my head in his hands and puts his forehead to mine as he slowly whispers "I'm not sure what made you like this or made you think of yourself as anything less than perfect but I will promise you this. I will fix you." With that he walks away leaving me speechless.