~83~

"What should we do first?" Squatting, Favour asked Christabel.

"First, we need to find Bright and find out about mummy's accident." She replied. Placing her palm under her head, she rested her head on it.

Favour typed that on the laptop and sat down. "Mom's mysterious accident." She muttered.

"Then I will find the hit-and-run criminal. I will request to have the accident reinvestigated. Monica Johnson, Chief judge, Zach Buhari and lawyer John will have evidence tied to their corruption."

"We contacted the police and the centre for missing children, let's wait and hear the outcome."

"What about mom's accident?" Favour continued.

"I need to find the note. The note she supposedly wrote. She sent an express mail saying she would visit with good news, then Sarah said she found evidence in grandmother's room."

"Hmm."

"I think...she was trying to give it to me."

"Probably. She must have been happy."

"So, does it make sense that she tried to commit suicide?"

Favour shook her head.  The smiley emoji that was imprinted on her yellow top seemed to have a very colourful smile today. "Not at all."

"She can't do that. She can't do it even if she was depressed. I can't believe it." Jerking her head up, her expression was tender and determined. "Do you think I can find the note that she wrote?"

"Yes, I think. By the way, why did she come home from rehab?" Favour inquired.

"What? I am not getting your point."

"I don't think they can release her that easily if she was depressed, especially if she is considered suicidal. She stayed in the rehab for a while, there might be some information there?"

Christabel's eyes widened with realisation and more knowledge, and then it clicked.

💫💫💫

"I heard from Monica." Monica's dad said to Christabel.

She had complied with the request to see her. And here they were under the cashew tree not too far from their street.

Christabel smiled and placed her beautiful purse on her lap. "You did?"

Favour had chosen the blue purse embedded with diamonds that particular morning and had told her to crush her enemy with her gorgeous appearance.

She added that her appearance first before anything else. "Your appearance will show your class." She had added with a smile and told her to wear the sequinned designer gown.

Obviously, that cost a lot but Favour had shrugged it off by saying 'first impression lasts longer.'

"I am very worried that you will have a difficult life." Monica's dad said to her and sighed.

He brought out a check from his blue shirt front pocket and slid it onto the table. "I regret not being a good father to you. I hope this money helps you at least a little. We will take care of your mom and Sarah until you settle down."

"So don't worry about them and start afresh. Call me right away when you settle down."

Christabel stretched her out slowly to the cheque, and stopped midway as though she was hesitating.