~29~

Daniel took a long sigh and lifted the barricade that was preventing his tears from falling. "I am the proof. I am her proof."

Christabel cried; a long cry that seemed to jerk her back to what was happening, to her present sympathetic life. She wondered when her life become like this and concluded that it all started in Precious office.  She cried because Daniel was in emotional chaos because of her. She cried because everything was so emotional and she could feel the spectators pitiful glare and their audible whispers. She had to admit that the life she envisioned and the one she was currently living in was very far from a match.

"Christabel... I mean the defendant is innocent. She is truthful." He continued, wiping a tear that fell.

Daniel words made Monica uneasy, the words gave her the jilters and the jilters struck unexplainable fear deep into her heart.

The spectators were crying in smiles while Joshua was greatly annoyed about everything that was happening, his hand were clenched in a tight fist and his gritted teeth was Jammed together.

"I hereby adjourned the case to the 14th of March 2009." The judge announced and rose making his robe shift slightly from left to right.

"Court! Arise!" The clerk said and everyone in the courtroom stood up in honour and respect.

Daniel was surrounded by the reporters immediately he walked out of the courtroom like fishes enclosed by water. He ignored their series of unnecessary questions and entered his car. Right now, giving answers to journalists unending questions was the last thing he needed.

Five seconds after the spectators left the courtroom, Joshua, Precious boyfriend was still in the courtroom. He watched the spectators leave. He watched as some gossiped while some were talking about everything that happened. None of these matter to him, even though his eyes were on them his mind was on a faraway land. His eyes were still sunken in and bloodshot and his hair looked as if he had not shaved for ages.

As he sat alone on the spectator seat with his hands clasped on the bench and legs shaking impatiently Sarah felt the need and sympathy to move closer and comfort him in a way she can. She could feel the sadness that seemed to radiate off him even as she stood few meters apart. She could tell from the significant distance that the bags under his eyes didn't only come or form today. It had come from countless times of shedding tears.

Sarah rummaged through her black plastic bag as she moved closer, beaming with smiles; even when the movement of her lips didn't brighten her face. She tried as much as possible to forget what happened to her sister and attempt yet another smile that came out as force.

She paused for a while and stretched a huge lollipop to him. "I can see you are very sad," she stretched the hand that was holding the sweet a little bit forward. "Lick the sweetness that comes from a lollipop and forget your sorrow for minutes in the sweetness. Don't hurt my sister.  don't ever hurt my sister again. Attacking someone makes you a bad person. I will let that go and give you the lollipop but..."

She cut off her sentence when Joshua cold and shrill glare root her to the spot. She forced a nervous smile and finally ran out of his presence when his icy stare bore into her. "He is so scary. He is like a monster." Sarah muttered as she ran out of the courtroom. "His eyes were red. It must have hurt a lot." She said when she finally calmed down.

"Sarah, why are you not following me?" Her mother said.

💥💥💥