~62~

With a little hitching breath, Sarah played the video. The video was clear. Crystal clear.

Sarah's mom drew a sharp breath when she saw Monica stealthily entering her daughter's office. Of course, she wasn't shocked by the action. She knew what Monica was capable of doing. Also, she knew grandma won't hide it if was a thing to be proud of. A thing that won't lead them to their doom.

What seemed to annoy Sarah's mom about the whole thing was that Monica had denied seeing the CD when Christabel asked. She recalled how her poor daughter had cried and told Monica that was the only evidence proving her innocence. She could vividly remember her daughter's actions, the dress she wore and her shoe. And the beautiful proposal ring on her finger as she raised her hand to dramatise how urgent it was.

She recalled how grandma had screamed at her helpless daughter and told her she did commit the company espionage. At the same time, she could also remember how grandma scolded her daughter because she thought she was indirectly accusing Monica of what she knew nothing about.

The scene happened in the sitting room. She could remember. And she was setting the table when it happened.

"Shameless bitch!" Sarah's mom seethed, tightening her lips in anger.

She had stopped the foods she was setting and had stood beside Christabel to support her but grandma made things worse by misinterpreting everything.

"You denied it so much and blamed my daughter. Did you see it, Monica, Grandma?! Your granddaughter made my daughter like that! Will you deny it when the evidence is right here?" Sarah wiped her mom's tears and paused the video. "It is only the beginning. I will never forgive you, people!"

Sarah's mom stood up with the aid of her walking stick and advanced towards the sitting room.

"Mom, where are you going?" Suddenly on alert, Sarah removed the CD and tucked it into her church bag. "To meet Daniel?" Seeing her mom consent to that, she slung the bag on her shoulder and walked her mom out of the door.

"I will never forgive you guys!" She wrapped her palm tightly to form a fist and waited impatiently for Sarah who was locking the door.

Once they were outside the mansion, Sarah hailed a cab.

"My love Christy. I have evidence of your innocence. How much have you suffered, oh God! I will reveal the truth and come to you. I love you. I miss you."

Sarah told the driver they were going to the nearest post office when she saw her mom write on the paper she brought from the bag.

✨✨✨

"Really?" Grandma was astonished. "She touched the Buddha and got pregnant?"

She waited patiently for the receiver to talk and off her flip flops at the door entrance.

"Oh my God! What a miracle, I should tell my granddaughter to go there too.

She opened the door and noticed the atmosphere was different. " All right, okay. I will call you back." She clicked the end button and slid the phone back into the bag.

"Why is it so quiet here?" She shook her head slowly and walked toward her room. "All they know how to do is to eat and sleep, sleep and eat. What a luxurious life!"

Humming to herself, she entered her room and was horrified to see the objects scattered on the floor. "Thief! Robber! Robber!" She screamed almost running out of the room. She took another glance at the scattered things before looking at the safe. That confirmed her worry. Positively. "Wait, the CD." She scurried to the safe, pressed in the code and searched through it. A futile effort.