~64~

Curiously, Grandma stretched her eyes to scan her son's every move. "What is it?"

Monica knowing what her dad saw and the matter he was about to table, stood up nervously and pretended to be so curious like Grandma.

Monica's dad stretched the letter to Grandma and she collected it without hesitating. "Take a look at this."

Since Grandma was not with her glasses, she strained her eyes to read the roughly written words. "Oh my God. What is this again? This is a suicide note."

Monica who had been peeping behind Grandma...to read what was written on the letter let out an impersonated gasp.

Watching the two, Monica's dad ran his hand through his hair worriedly. "Mother, I have to call the police before she acts. I will find her myself, I have to find her!" He was already outside before Grandma could reply.

"Oh my heart, my heart." Grandma slapped her chest gently and sat down with a sigh on the nearest chair. "Does she intend to make a complete mess of this family? How could she think of such a horrible thing?"

Monica's trembling hands reached for each other as Grandma's eyes reached for her. "Are you nervous or scared? You look like you are. Don't worry, everything will be under control."

✨✨✨

Back at the Lawrence mansion.

"I am home," Monica announced tiredly.

"Is this a dormitory. Leaving in the morning and returning after dinner." David's mom said, rolled her eyes repulsively and dropped the newspaper she was reading on the sitting room centre table. "You brought in your loads into the mansion without proper marriage so that you can act as you pleased?"

Monica didn't answer. She was too exhausted, depressed and scared too.

"Hey!" David's mom screamed.

Monica almost jumped out of her skin in fright when David's mom's phone rang. The loud volume startled her. Realising it was only a ringing tone, she calmed down a bit.

David's mom studied her for a few seconds, and raised her brows, before reaching out for her phone. "Did you commit a crime?"

Monica's heart thumped loudly and pounded against her rib cages violently. Rolling her eyes to keep her faltering posture, she smiled. A phoney and short one.

"You look like a criminal. A wanted criminal. A criminal that is being chased."

✨✨✨

At the prison.

"They sent a letter. They said they will come. I have not seen them for days... I am worried. Did my mom's sickness get worse or did something happen to Sarah?" She asked Mercy worriedly.

"Who knows maybe they will come today." Mercy smiled upon seeing the portable guard walking toward them. "Maybe they are here."

Christabel stood up to meet the guard immediately after she came in. "Did my mom or Sarah come by to visit without my knowledge? They sent a letter to me saying they will come. Did they come? If yes, how are they doing?"

The guard sighed and rubbed her hands together, trying to create heat between them. What was she about to say will be a bomb? A bomb to Christabel. She might as well start creating the bomb in between her palms. "1010, Christabel...your mother is very sick."