𝟎𝟎.

❀

.
SLAM!

"my lady are you alright?"
you heard the maid speak up.

"I'm alright, sorry for the disturbance."
you said.

"oh my lady it's quite alright, but is sir (r/n) causing you any trouble?"
she asked.

"oh...no, not any trouble."
you responded.

"ahh that's quite the relief to hear though is he not in the room or is he a heavy sleeper?"
she asked.

"I suppose he is quite the heavy sleeper."
you said whispering.

"ah I see then let me help put you to bed then princess."
the maid said walking in.

now this was bad, since she'd have to get close to you and the body of your now dead fiancé. you'd have two choices you take the risk or you kill her.

though you'd prefer to not have to kill any more then you already had. fate obviously had other plans. it's as if it was mocking you.

fate or not your only priority was to live. live and never come back.

with every step she took you felt your heartbeat increase.

ultimately you went for the easiest option. you'd kill her. she'd make far too much noise if she found the body.

you gripped the blade in your hands and prepared for what would be the blow that would end the woman's life.

STEP!

"my lady allow me to-!"

SLASH!

guilt weighed on your shoulders, killing someone who had served you was certainly not how you wanted it to go.

but now you've done it you killed two people in one night. this would surely turn into a mess, quite the big mess at that.

a princess killing her fiancé and then a maid oh how'd much trouble this would be if it got out. at this point you best option would be to run away and hope no one would find you.

It sure sounded easy when saying it though doing it is a whole different story.

you grabbed the blade and put it back in its sheath. now would have to be the time you ran away any later and someone would find you out. as you stepped out the door it was then you realized it would be obvious something is wrong.

blood on your clothes and a katana. now this was a problem quite the problem. tt would be better to change into something less obvious, perhaps change your appearance. well as much as you could anyways.

you stepped back into the room, digging through drawers. you found some clothes, swiftly you put on the baggier clothes on and left the other pair stuffed into the drawers.

your hair would be a problem or would it? some men have long hair perhaps you could pass as one? though i suppose it wouldn't hurt to cut it so the better you would blend in.

you grabbed the katana moving it towards your hair and cut it fast not a care for how it would turn out.

you had no time to waste now. so this time you walked not towards the door but the window. tt was better that less people see you escaping.

the height was a decent way to the ground but you'd just have to go for it. you opened the window, stepping onto it. then you jumped.

the night breeze caressed your face while falling. then the sudden impact came.

tt was not pleasant in the slightest. painful was probably the word to describe how your legs felt. no matter it wasn't of any importance. the only goal is getting out of the palace.

you suddenly heard steps coming your way. the fall was probably louder than you thought.

"halt! you there!"

you had already been spotted, this was a pain. another person you'd have to get rid of.

with a sturdy grip on the hilt of your precious blade, you slashed the people who swore to protect you and your family with no mercy.

not even an ounce of hesitance ran through you. perhaps it was cold, but it would be better to for them to die swiftly then for you to not reach your goal.

covered in blood from your own people you walked towards the front gates. it was the only entrance and exit.

how inconvenient only one door. that means you couldn't hide even if you wanted. by now it had started to rain. that would certainly wash away some blood.

you could hear the thunder, and rain hitting the ground. your shoes covered in mud.

that was all you heard till you got to the gate. at last there it was, right before you. only one tiny or perhaps big problem you hadn't anticipated this many guards at the gate.

you took a deep breath, gripping your katana, once again ready for battle.

all you could hear was the echo of battle. swords clashing and screams of agony.

you had barley made it out the gates. seriously wounded. narrowly missing the next wave of guards.

I suppose the best option is to go seek shelter and heal your wounds in the meantime.

eventually you came across a tree. it would have to do. a tree was your refuge for the night. you could only hope no one found you while you rested.

you tore a piece of your clothes patching up some of your wounds. of course you were still in agony. no matter you had to rest. so you closed your eyes and awaited for the next day to arrive.

 •❀•