CHAPTER 34

ADIYA’S POV

Life is miraculous. I once heard life is not about the moments you breath peacefully, it’s about the moments which leaves you breathless. It was so true. A person never remembers those peaceful breaths but the breathless moments. I was more than sure that today would always be that breathless day for me.

“You look like a princess!” I said with tears in my eyes. “Ah! Don’t make me cry now!” Shree winced looking at herself in the mirror. “You are really beautiful!” Viha said. “What do you say? Arju will like it?” she asked again glancing at the mirror. “Like it? He will fall flat on the floor seeing you like this!” she turned to us and smiled. She was indeed beautiful. “I’m getting married in 20 minutes!” she squealed suddenly and we giggled to it. “Yes!” we had a group hug before the door opened to Kausi ma's teary eyed face. “You look....beautiful” she kind of whispered in a shock. They hugged each other and we made our way to the mandap. I saw the way Bhai’s eyes went wide, he looked shocked, happy and more than that I saw pride in his eyes. He was proud to marry my friend. I smiled with happiness, my heart swelling with happiness. Her blue lehenga with the gold works looked amazing on her.

Three days back when our engagement was held for all three together, we missed a lot like each others reactions and all so we three girls wanted to see each others marriage but that wasn’t possible when we all got married at the same time so we had a 30 minutes gap for the bride and groom to get ready and I guess that was enough for me to get ready. Bhai tied the knot and she was officially my Bhabi, I giggled to it.

I felt a hand on my back when I was busy wiping my happy tears. Aravind just smiled at me then to the newlyweds. After all the rituals I went to change as it was my marriage the next.

I wore my maroon lehenga with gold designs and the makeup artist applied the minimal bridal makeup possible ever, of course because of my insistence. If I was that poor girl I would have gone crazy but she still applied the makeup I wished to have. “Are you even ready!” Viha barged in and went in a complete shock. I was smiling and waited for her reaction. “Uff! You both are the most beautiful brides I have ever seen!” she said coming to hug me. “Where’s Shree?” I asked when she started checking if everything was alright or not. “Changing for our wedding" she said and I simply nodded. All of a sudden I got nervous about the marriage. I’m really going to get married to the love of my life. It all happened so fast. It’s just been six months since I even met him and here I am getting married to him. It all felt like a dream to me.

I was walked to the mandap by Viha and Shree and mumma, of course and saw how Aravind got heated up by looking at me. I got even more nervous after seeing his reaction. But when he smiled at me all my nervousness flew away and I felt calm and relieved. “You look breath-taking!” He whispered near my ears, his lips brushing my ear under the shawl. I unintentionally shivered with a smile. “You look like my King!” I whispered back to which he surely did get confused and shocked.

We tied the knot and I was officially his and he mine. I smiled in contentment. I carried the heavy lehenga of mine and ran to the room to get changed for the other wedding. I would wear the saree which we planned on wearing for the three receptions which was held together. I applied sindoor on my forehead and was almost ready when I heard a knock. “Who is it?” I screamed from my position before the mirror. “It’s me! Can I come in?” Aravind asked. A huge smile formed on my face hearing his voice.

I heard the door open and Aravind hugged me from behind and placed his chin on my shoulder looking at my reflection in the mirror. “Turn around I want to kiss you" he whispered and I froze hearing what he said. “What? Why?”
“You look incredible that I so want to kiss my wife"
“You know how bad I am at makeup things. With great difficulty I applied a proper makeup and you want to spoil it?”  he gave an innocent look. I turned anyway not to kiss him or anything but just to tease my husband a little. I went close to his lips like kissing him but then moved back. He gave a weird look like he is going to kill me if I think of not kissing him. “We have a marriage waiting down and I don’t want to miss my darling's wedding so I’m going come down soon...hubby" I whispered the last part going close to his ear. Before he recovers from the shock I ran out, down to the mandap. The bride haven’t arrived yet so I went to her room to check on her.

“Oh my God! You look gorgeous!” I said hugging her, careful not to spoil her makeup. “Why do look so beautiful? Viky would faint. Whom would you get married to then?” I asked and she simply blushed. “Wow! The never shut mouth of yours isn’t retorting something today. What did you do to her Viky?” I dramatically said making her blush more. “Come let’s go down. You can blush when he looks at you" Shree said and went down along with Adhira ma.

For mere seconds I saw Viky’s breathing stop. Viha wore a taffeta green lehenga with gold designs on it. After a little more of mantras and rituals they too tied the knot and again happy tears were flowing from both Shree's and my eyes. Aravind stood right next to me the whole time holding my hands.  “Don’t cry so much they aren’t going to leave you" he tried to ease my mode but tears flow more. “I’m so happy for them. They were always with me. I troubled them a lot at times. They still took in all my tantrums and made me feel better always. I never let them feel happy at times that now when I see the happiest future waiting for them, I feel so happy" before Aravind could reply anything to me someone hit my arms so badly. I turned wincing in pain to see Shree wiping her own tears glaring at me. “Your our happiness mental and where did that thing of you never leaving us feel happy come? Once more you speak idiotic stuffs like this your death will be officially written in my hand, note that" she glared but I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

Midst all the chaos I totally forgot to mention about our huge family and the hugest guest list I have ever seen.  My pretty mothers wore a sky blue saree with silver designs, they looked so beautiful. They were so happy to see us in a bridal dress. And thanks to Payal, she saved us from wearing some red regular shaded lehengas. Payal wore a beautiful cherry blossom shade lehenga. And all my gentlemen wore black and navy blue suits, with their mesmerising smiles on their faces. Hayan wore a wine red saree for the wedding. Their business friends, partners were also there including our huge relatives and friends list too. Everything and everyone were so beautiful, so happy.

We were on our reception stage dancing and conversing with our guests. That’s when I noticed someone’s face, the face I would never want to see on my wedding. Shantel – was standing straight across the stage looking directly at my eyes. I felt my blood boiling but I wouldn’t spoil everyone’s happiness for my anger. She would get what she deserved for trying to spoil my day someday. I smiled again which surely took her by surprise. I acted as though I couldn’t see that beautiful evil face of hers. I saw her walking up the stage in the name of wishing us. I saw Hayan pulling Ryan’s arm to stop him from doing anything. Again my angry brother was on duty to protect me. I shook my head to him telling him not to do anything. I saw him stop but not calm as I could see his nerves in his neck pop – danger sign.

She came hugged me as though we never would even brush our teeth leaving the other. I felt disgusted. “I’m leaving a note in your bag. A gift from your beloved father for your wedding.” She whispered. I knew what was going to be in his note. I played cool as all their eyes were on me. “Thank you" I told a bit loud so the others would hear. She wished the others and then left the venue.

I made my way to my room as I wanted to use the washroom. I let out a huge sigh and sat on the bed. It was just before me. What if it isn’t the way I think it is?
Don’t worry his note is never going to have love in it! Spat the most hurt part of my heart. I took a deep breath and opened the note. It said:
I see you choose a person for me to hurt....when I wanted you to suffer! Not just one, a huge folk.
I stopped, in fact I froze. I gathered all my strength to continue with it.
I’m warning you! Leave Aravind or he is going to die from my hands. Guess what, that will bring me immense joy to see you suffer for someone’s death – again.

My blood boiled. All I wanted to do was kill him for real. I controlled my anger and looked into the mirror. Smiled at my reflection and made my way out after I destroyed the note and was sure no one would find it. Even if someone found it, they can’t read it.

When I went down I saw Aravind smiling at my way. The whole family looked so happy. What if he hurt anyone of them? I asked myself. You were strong back then to face it. Now your stronger to solve it! Don’t be afraid. He can never touch them unless your shielding them! The guts in me said. It did convince and give me the courage to face everything. I smiled back and joined them on our happy dance.