[30]

[30]
Thinking out loud.

Tiffany

I smiled as I stood in my full length mirror fully clothed in my graduation cap and gown.

I can't believe today is the day I walk across that stage and give my final greeting to WilMore high school.

"Tiff,c'mon we gotta go"My mom walked in the room fixing her watch on her arm.

I nodded and grabbed my things "is your little boo gone meet us there?"

I asked my mom as we walked out the door together.

My moms been seeing a man by the name of Dre for the past three months,I've meet him a couple times and he's a good man,I approve of him.

She smiled and opened the car door and sliding in.

"Yeah he's going to meet us there,my baby" I smiled as I watched my mom cheese like a little school girl,I'm glad she's happy.

Amber:fool way you at?

I rolled my eyes.

Tiff:I'm on my way,had to make sure I looked good.

I sat my phone in my lap and pulled out my compact mirror making sure my makeup still looked good.

"Girl get out that mirror and come on" my mom fussed as she cut off the car.

she got here quick.

Amber:who you trying to look good for?you don't got no man,oh I forgot you want that lil hoochie boy back.

I ignored her text and fixed my falling heel back on my foot.

My mom kissed my cheek as we walked through the doors "I can't believe my baby is graduating"

I smiled and grabbed her hand.

My smile dropped from off my face as I soon as I saw brandon,he looked so good.

He looked up and smiled at my mom "hey bae" he shouted.

My mom smiled and walked his way,pulling me along.

"Hey bran,look at you looking all cleaned up where yo mama at"

"Thank ya mama Laura,she went to the bathroom she should be coming back"

My mom nodded and nudged me in my arm.

I sighed and looked over at brandon "hi,congrats"

He forced a smile and nodded "same to you".

I looked down at my shoes and rocked back and forth.I missed him,there was no denying it.

"All students report to the gym,all students report to the gym" I released my moms hand and kissed her cheek.

"Love you"

I smiled "love you too,get a seat up close"

I said a small thank you as brandon held the gym door open for me.

•••

"Brandon andrews"when Brandon's name was called people cheered and clapped for him.

I clapped a little too,I admit.

Brandon expected his diploma and childishly posed causing everyone to laugh.

I missed his silliness.

After a while my name was finally called,I stood with a big smile planted on my face.

"Tiffany Matthews" I gladly took my diploma and smiled for the flashing cameras.

It feels good to achieve at something like this,to know that you've actually made it this far in the world,it makes you want to fight harder to achieve at even more greater things.

••

"I'm so proud of you baby"my mom gushed as she covered my face with wet kisses.

I laughed,"mom stop"

Dre chuckled and handed me a bouquet of roses and a small gift bag.

"Congrats tiff" I smiled and gave him a hug thanking him.

I peaked inside the bag to see a black box,I pulled it out and smiled.

It was the diamond cut princess ring from pandora that I've been asking for,for the past couple of months.

"Thank you so much I really love it Dre" I hugged him once more.

"It was no biggie"

It's no biggie if you got money to ball,but I don't so it was definitely a biggie to me.

••

After graduation my mom pulled me home to be surprised with a big graduation party,and a teacup dog and a apartment in New York waiting for me.

"Hey tiff,can we talk?"I watched as brandon stuffed his hands in his jogger pockets.

I nodded and followed him out to his car hopping in.

He turned the heat on low and turned the volume up on the radio just a little.

Thinking out loud by Ed sheeran started to play causing me to smile.

"Soo how does it feel to finally be out of high school"

I smiled "it feels good,how bout you how you feeling"

"Feeling pretty good,I can finally grocery shop on my own Im feeling kind of mature"

I giggled and shook my head "you are always going to be silly huh?"

He nodded "sure Is,you ready for the big apple?"

"Yeah,just a little scared to be going out there by myself" I spoke truthfully.

He leaned over and kissed my lips "maybe you won't be alone"

I looked at him confused,"what do you mean?"

He smiled and kissed me once more "In due time baby"

He pulled me into another kiss adding tongue this time this song matched our moment.

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.
•••••

THE END! 😊

So how y'all like this story?

Should I make a squeal? Ya? Or Nay?

If so what should it be called?

Comment & vote