Fuck it. Run.

*Four days later*

"Answer it." Austin said in frustration. The phone we found at my house was Alex's - and wouldn't stop ringing. I refuse to answer but the same number calls at least four times a day. I pulled the ringing phone out of my pocket and accepted the call.

"Hello?"

"Alex! Where the fuck are you!" Some guy shouted angrily.

"Dude. This isn't Alex. I just have her phone." I tried to explain.

"Who the fuck are you?" All the guys watched me intently.

"My name is Alan. Look what's Alex's address?" I asked. Among the screaming that ensued, I managed to write down address on the song notepad beside me. I also heard things like 'fucking whore' and 'cheating bitch' which worried me a fair bit, but I decided against fighting back. I began to worry as he kept shouting into the phone that he could actually hurt Alex. I hung up before I heard any more. I looked up and sighed. "Who wants to possibly risk their life to help me get Alex back. Tino and Phil volunteered, but everyone else stepped back.

"Lets go." Tino said. Phil and me followed him into my car and drove to the address I wrote down. It was a small apartment complex but I never got a suite number. "Tino, you come with me. Phil, you be ready to drive." I got out and Phil followed me into the library area. An old man was mopping the floor and I approached him. "Sorry excuse me." He turned around and smiled politely at me. "Could you tell me where I could find Alex Cara's apartment?"

"Apartment twenty two second floor." I smiled in a thank you and Phil followed me quickly up the stairs. When we got to the second floor we walked down the hallway and found apartment twenty two at the other end. I knocked hard on the door and Alex opened it quickly.

"Why are you here?" She glared at me. She was wearing a cut off slipknot shirt and black skinny jeans with her hair in the long thick braid.

"I have your phone." I took it out of my pocket and handed it to her. She took it and forced a smile.

"Thanks. Why are you out of breath?"

"Lots of running. We need to get out more. Anyways we can talk about it in my car."

*Alex's POV*

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I spat.

"Really? Cause I just talked to your boyfriend on the phone and he said many things to me, including that he was going to kill you." Alan explained. I was confused for a second, then remembered my psycho mafia ex-boyfriend that wasn't really happy with how it ended - two months ago.

"Ex-boyfriend." I corrected. "And he won't do anything. Hes all-" That's when we heard the first gunshot. Alan's eyes went wide. "I take that back. He's gonna shoot someone." I laughed nervously.

"So come with us?" Phil sighed.

"Grab your bag." Alan pointed to the still unpacked newyork bag in my living room. I ran back inside to get it as the next shot fired.

"Alex!" Marco called angrily from down the hall. I pulled Alan and Phil inside and slammed the door.

"Fire escape." I said, and pushed some books off the window sill. I opened the window and threw my bag onto the stairs. We all climbed out and ran down the stairs. I heard another shot as we booked it to Alan's car and got in.

"Drive!" All of us shouted at Tino. We sped off. "Well that was intense...." Alan sighed as we began to calm down and catch our breath.

"We could have literally died." Phil said. I laughed.

"Naw. He would have probably tied me to some bricks and thrown me in the ocean. He would have just got his friends to beat the shit out of you." Alan and Phil glared at me.

"Thanks. That makes me feel so much better....." Alan sighed, and the rest of the drive back to his house was in silence. We dropped off Tino and Phil before actually going back to his house. We got out of the car and Alan fucked around with the keys a second before opening the door.

"Look, thanks for not letting me get killed and all, but I can't stay here." I mulled.

"Are you kidding? You can't go back there!"

"I'll go to Perry's house." I shrugged.

"Look just sit. You owe me a bit of an explanation about what just happened." I sighed and sat as far on the couch from him as I could.

"We dated. I didn't like him anymore cause he was a shitty person. He didn't like that. Guy keeps a grudge." I shrugged.

"That's it?" Alan laughed nervously. "He wants to murder you because you dumped him?"

"Look, I don't owe you shit."

"Um, you kind of do! I just saved your ass!"

"You could have just let him drown me. I didn't ask for your help!"

"Drown you?!"

"Why does it matter?! Who cares? I'm just No body aren't I?" I said spitefully. "So, I think you owe me a bit of an explanation too." I calmed down some and sat back down. Alan sighed and turned to me on the couch.

"Look, I panicked. I'm sorry, Alex. You are not no body."

"Bite me." I spat. Alan rolled his eyes and I laughed. "ya roll 'em a little further and see if you can't find a brain in there."

"I broke up with my girlfriend for you! Calm down!" I just looked at him. He eyes were wide with adrenaline, but held a slight sadness. Slowly it wore off, sweat glistening on his forehead.

"No you didn't." I sighed sadly. "You told me you were going to do that before you met me."

"I know I did. But I almost stayed with her. And when you walked out I did it. Cause watching her walk away was nothing compared to you. Only you." He admitted. I had to process everything he was telling me. He did break up with Ashleigh for me. He never wanted me to leave. But if he panicked and hurt me so bad, what else could he do if I let myself get closer to him?

"This doesn't change the fact that I can't stay here. You've done enough for me..."

"It also doesn't change the fact that your crazy ex wants to drown you..." Alan chuckled softly. "Just a few days. Until this all blows over." He looked desperate and I sighed.

"I guess so." I said. "But only a few days. Then I go home." Alan smiled in triumph.

"You remember where the guest room is?" I nodded yes. "Okay well that's now your room." I smiled and walked upstairs with my bag. I threw it onto the plain bed and sighed. What a day. The room was all white and plain and boring, but only temporary. I walked into the bathroom between mine and Alan's room and it was the same. Plain white tiles and white porcelain sinks and a toilet. A stand up shower and no tub, the usual. I fixed my hair with my hands before getting a pack of Next Blues before walking downstairs.

"Can I smoke in the house?" I asked.

"Fuck it go ahead." Alan said. I smiled and lit up a cigarette and sat down beside him. I blew a perfect smoke ring around Alan's head. "Neat talent." He laughed. "But don't do it at me." I walked around blowing perfect smoke ring around small things around the living room. Alan laughed.

A/N: hEY SORRY IM SUCH A BAD PERSON I FEEL SO BAD I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE A BAZILLION YEARS. anywhore please forgive me - I will be better.