#prayforAlex

I layed down and closed my eyes, praying for sleep to take me from such relentless pain. My skull felt as hot as red coals, cooking my brain in waves, and my stomach turned quickly like the wheels of a car that I would get motion sickness in. Vanity sat beside me and the weight of her small, sleeping arm on my wrist was enough to feel like it was crushing my bones. I moved my arm, rolled over, and closed my eyes, praying for a sleep that never came. Dull hours later, the doctor came back in to check up on me. He hooked up the first IV since I ripped out my first ones, and tossed around the idea of giving me a feeding tube, considering I can't keep food down. I disagreed with all mentions of it, and told him I was fine.

"Vanity?" Mark turned to him and she woke up insantly.

"Sup?"

"May I speak with you out in the hall?" She nodded yes slowly and they both walked out. I sat up and leaned against the mountain of pillows. Mitch and Jax walked in with vacant smiles on their faces. They sat on either side of me and I forced a smile.

"How you feel?"

"Like death." I said bluntly, my voice quiet but strong.

"You look like it too." Mitch chuckled. "Everyone on Twitter agrees. Hashtag pray for Alex is trending!" I froze and looked at him, fear already in my muscles.

"You posted a picture of me on Twitter?"

"Ya." Mitch shrugged. "I don't know why but there's so many retweets. Its like your famous or something...." I felt a lump build up in my throat and tears well in my eyes, just as Another You by OM&M started playing out of my phone; Alan's ring tone. I picked up my phone from beside table, saw eight million texts, and pressed the green answer button, holding my breath.

"How bad are you?" Alan started angry.

"I'm fine Alan. Really."

"Pray for Alex? Are you fucking kidding me?!" He shouted. "I saw the picture!" My heart broke to hear Alan so angry at me.

"It's not as bad as it look-"

"Why did you lie to me?" He said calmly, a scary calm.

"Alan I'm sorry! I'm fine!"

"I'm getting on a plane right now I have to go. I'll be there as soon as I can." He sighed. "I love you."

"I love you too." He hung up and I threw my phone at the hall across the room. I took a breath and started pounding and slapping at Mitch. He put up his hands in defense. "My boyfriend saw it!" I cried. Tears spilled from my eyes

"What the fuck! Ow!" Mitch stood up. I rolled over and cried into the pillow.

"Alex, calm down." Jax said soothingly. Alan is missing his shows, and doing what he loves, to come be with me. And he knows I'm not fine. The pain in my head was nothing compared to the panic in my muscles.

"What the hell is going on?" I heard Vanity walk back in.

"Alex freaked out about Mitch posting a pic of her on twitter and then talked so someone on the phone, then threw her phone, hit Mitch, and started crying." Jac explained.

"Ow!" Mitch cried.

"You posted a picture on twitter?"

"What the hell is the problem? She always let's me do that!"

"Her boyfriend saw it. And he's on tour in Germany right now! She's dating Alan Ashby!"

"Oh." Mitch said. "I'm really sorry." Mitch said. I knew he didn't know, but it still hurt. I rolled back over and wiped my face.

"He's on a plane now." I muttered. "He'll be here by tonight." Vanity's face softened and she sat beside my body on the hospital bed. The white florescent lights were mind numbing.

"I'm sorry hun." She sighed. I felt like I couldn't move.

"What can I do?" Jax asked.

"Nothing babe." I tried to be nice. "Vanity what did you talk to the doctor about?" She sighed and looked down. "He wants to put you on a feeling tube, but said you refused." I looked at her cautiously. "I told him to do it."

"Vanity!" I shouted, but squinted tightly with head pain.

"You need in you! You're losing weight and I know how far that leads you." Her voice broke. "I won't let you reply high school for me." I sighed and a single tear fell down my cheek.

"When are they coming?" I asked softly.

"An hour. I'm so sorry, Alex." I rolled to the opposite side of the bed, and burried my face in the wet pillow, hoping to suffocate myself before Alan comes and see's me with a huge tube in my stomach.