Prologue

A/N: It's been a while since I've written that and I realise how basic some stuff has been so I tried to edit as much as I could. I hope I made it better. Anyway, I hope you like it.

"𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓪 𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓹 𝓹𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼 .."

The sound of the music reverberated throughout the house, accompanied by a distinctive hoarse voice singing along with the song, disturbing the calmness of the one sitting on the luxurious sofa with a book she's been immersed in reading in her hands.

She sighed before placing it on the small coffee table next to her coffee cup and going upstairs following the source of the music.

She broke into the room to see a young man with messy feathered brown hair and ocean eyes attached to the TV screen that settles on the entire wall of his room, eagerly watching what seemed like a live stream of some concert of his favourite singer, Harry Styles, singing, or rather shouting out the song's lyrics.

"Louis turn the volume down a little! It's annoying!" The girl yelled at him. "𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼" Louis shouted the words of the song without even sparing her a glance however she knew damn well that those words were directed to her so she just rolled her eyes at her brother's usual indifference.

She was about to leave seeing no point in arguing when a man with rigid features broke into the room. "What did I tell you about your stupid songs, Louis?" He spoke coldly.

"Oh God, you all are really annoying!" Louis said, turning off the TV, as Harry delivered his last words of thanks to the fans.

"Get ready, we have a guest for dinner," the man said coldly before leaving the room.

Louis turned to the girl, raising one of his eyebrows, "what are you waiting for Charlotte?", letting the latter know that he was mad since he was calling her by her full name, or let's say pretending to be.

"Childish!" she said quickly before leaving, avoiding the pillow that ends up hugging the door.

It's only a few minutes until she re-entered the room though. "Did you not fucking learn to knock on the door before entering someone's room?" Louis said annoyingly as he took off his earphones.

"My father's guest has arrived," announced Charlotte, ignoring him. "Why haven't you changed yet?"

"What's wrong with my clothes?" Louis asked indifferently as he glanced down at his outfit; grey sweatpants and an oversized black hoodie which happens to be Harry's merch, all while his sister was all ready for dinner in her brightly coloured summer dress.

Giving a nod of approval and without waiting for a reply, he skipped past her exiting the room towards the stairs leaving her to follow behind without uttering a word. She's learnt by now that nothing works with Louis's stubbornness. Charlotte was always the wise obedient girl, unlike the stubborn sassy Louis.

As soon as their legs landed on the tiles of the luxurious living room, Mark uttered "Here they are!" And Louis didn't miss the glare his father -stepfather- spared him because of his clothing style - who just rolled his eyes ignoring it and advanced to meet the guest.

"Hello," he said coldly, interrupting his intense staring. He could tell already that he didn't like him.

The man extended his hand intending to shake his. "Hello, I am...", Louis didn't really care about his name so he shook his hand carelessly before turning to Mrs Margret, their chef, who called for dinner.