I

"I'm running away!" I answered confidently, without any hesitation, watching their shocked faces.

"What?" "Where?" Lottie and Zayn asked together.

"I don't know", I shrugged, "but I'm not staying. And to conclude Z, Mark wants me to get married to some gross old man for some reason that serves his company." I explained before they overwhelmed me with their questions.

"Now help me pack." I continued getting the biggest suitcase I have not giving anyone a chance to say anything.

"Okay, then we got it!" I declared after long hours of packing and putting escape plans. "Tomorrow at eight after he leaves, we meet up outside the house, and you're taking this bag with you today without anybody seeing it, okay?" I explained to Zayn again.

"Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes.

"You haven't booked a ticket," Lottie said.

"I'm letting the destination be a surprise." I shrugged. In reality, I just didn't know where to go.

"Idiot." Zayn rolled his eyes taking the bag and I flipped him off. "See you tomorrow asshole." and with that, he just headed out.

"So why are you suddenly calm?" I lay on my bed eyeing Lottie.

"I'm just worried, you know what happens if dad finds out Lou." I rolled my eyes at her answer, she always overthinks the circumstances and next steps. Unlike me, I just like going with the flow. I mean what we plan is always the last thing to happen.

"Hey Lots, everything will be okay, he won't." I held her hand giving her a reassuring smile. And well, I wouldn't give a fuck if he did. I added mentally.

"Hopefully," she whispered. "What about a sleepover party tonight? I know you gonna miss my ass." I wiggled my eyebrows in an attempt to lighten the mood and it seemed to work as she rolled her eyes mumbling, "I'm actually happy that I'm finally getting rid of it." And I knew that it was not true so I laughed scooting closer to cuddle her.

That's how we ended up spending the rest of the night somehow; cuddled up talking about everything and nothing including our memories, dreams and mostly our mother. Lottie is the last thing left from my mother and I really love her, despite all the pain in the ass I'm causing her. I'm gonna miss her but I would never let Mark control me like some kind of puppet doll.

••

"Fucking hell!" I groaned as the alarm went off. It took me a whole minute to find my phone and shut it and just as the silence filled the space again, I felt lured back to sleep as my body cuddled more into the comfortable bed that I would really miss. The realisation then hit me as I remembered what I had on my plate for the day and my eyes snapped open with a sigh. Things should've never turned this way.

Well, of course, I can stay and just say no or whatever. After all, I owned 25% of the company shares and the mansion we are currently living in as I inherited them from my mother so I had nothing to stop me from standing up for myself. Lottie also owned the other quarter of the business mum shared with Mark, however, I would never put her in such position of choosing between me and her own father.  Also, it wasn't worth all the fuss.

Overall, I just felt like I needed to get away. My life was so dull and I never felt like I belonged here. The only reason that I put up with Mark's bullshit was Lottie but soon she would leave for university too so sooner or later I would've had to make this decision. So why not add some thrill to it now? Maybe this will do me good and I would finally find my missing goal or purpose in life.