Chapter 6

August 12, 2019.

I was woken up by the ringing of my phone. I didn't know if I should pick it up. I was still laying down as I reach over my night stand trying to find my phone. I finally felt it and answered.

" Hey Ella," Harry said. I  wasn't expecting the call to be from him. I quickly stood up. I rubbed my eyes to try to wake up more.

" Hi, " I responded. I reached out to the night stand and turned on the lamp.

" Sorry for waking you up," he replied. I checked the clock. It was 2 AM. I know we haven't seen each other in a long time, but he knows how I hate it when someone disrupts my sleep.

" It's okay," I replied. " I was just caught off guard by your call. We haven't spoken in months."

" I just wanted to see how you were doing," he said. I wasn't about to have small talk with him. It's too hard.

" I'm fine, but I should go. I have a busy day tomorrow. I should go back to sleep," I replied. Talking to him too much just made the distance worse. It made me think about how we were separated. I blamed myself for what happened. Harry wouldn't have violated his visa if it weren't for me. I just should've said no.

" Okay, I'll talk to you later then," he said disappointingly. I wonder if he blames me.

" Okay, bye," I replied before hanging up. I tried going back to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about him, about his voice. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw him or at least bits and pieces of memories I have of him. I started to hyperventilate. I need him with me. I quickly grabbed my phone.

" Hey," I said as he answered his phone.

" Hey," he responded. He seemed surprised by the call.

" I know we agreed to see other people. I can't," I replied. My breathing was getting heavy. I felt a stream of warm tears going down my face.

" Don't cry. I miss you too," he responded.

" I want you here with me. Can you please come over?" I said. I started laughing after realizing what I had said. He laughed, too. Even if he wanted to come over, he couldn't.

" I'll buy you your plane ticket so that you can come. You'll be here in a few days," he replied. " Okay?"

" Okay," I responded before hanging up the phone.

A week later.

My first time leaving the United States. I was so nervous for the plane ride. My anxiety was killing me so many thoughts went through my mind: what if the plane gets hijacked, what if we crash, what if there's a bad storm and the plan gets struck by lightning? Too many worst case scenarios passing through my mind.

Underneath all my fears and anxiety, I was excited to see Harry. When my plane landed, I called Harry. I made my way to the baggage claim area. I got a text message from him. He was waiting by the main entrance of the airport. I looked at the signs to see where I needed to go after I was able to get my suitcase. As I went down the escalators, I spotted Harry. I wanted to run down the stairs and hug him, but there were too many people on the escalator making it impossible for me to get through all the people.

Once I was down, I quickly made my way towards him. He handed me flowers. I jumped on him and gave him a hug. He held me and slowly put me down as he went in to kiss me. We made our way to his apartment. As soon as we got into his room, I went for his bed and laid down. I was so tired. I really wanted to sleep. Harry came in and cuddled with me. He started to lightly kiss my neck as he made his way up to my face.