Part 151

[Vusi ]

If someone were to ask me if I've moved on, I'd say yes. There is no doubt in my mind that I have moved on. I've gotten over a hurdle I wasn't sure I'd make it over. It wasn't just the heartbreak that I had to endure. It's all that came with it. The sadness. The lack of willpower. The moodiness. All those horrible habits I picked up as a means of distracting myself, a poor effort at trying to convince myself that Latoya didn't matter to me.

But walking in the room and looking at her I don't know how I feel, Please don't misunderstand me. This isn't sadness that I have on my face  That emotion has come and gone. I no longer feel sad about having let her go. I no longer feel sad when the thought of her inevitably pops into my head. It no longer pains me to imagine her moving on with her life. Of course, I'd be lying if I were to say that these thoughts bring me joy, but they don't tear into me the way they once did not so long ago.

It's difficult for me to explain the exact state I found myself in walking in this room, This is uncharted waters. Latoya was once the lighthouse that guided me to shore, making me feel safe and certain knowing where I can find a home, but her selfishness made her switch the light off, for months I walk blindly till Nwabisa found my hand and guide me to shore.

" Vusi please sit down "
My father said, I took a chair from the dining room and set on it, I looked at her, and my heart starts beating very fast, truth be told she is more beautiful now then the first day I saw her, she is glowing like moonlight.

It's not about how sexy or beautiful she looks that attracted me to her but it was her confidence, strength, and humor. Looking at her now I remember everything that made me fall in love with her, those little dimples on the apples of her cheeks, the way her hair smells. How she tucks it behind her ear, or how her neck glistens as she put hair up on a hot day, I love how her cheeks redden after having a heated argument, The way she would laugh at my corny jokes, not forgetting the way she bite her thumb and wiggles her nose when she is thinking.
She still has a very strong hold on me, which makes me recap on how wish to spend my whole life kissing her and holding her, Sex with her was amazing, spontaneous,  just remembering the most intimate moments with her makes me hard, the cuddling after our passionate lovemaking was just as sexy as the act itself. I looked at her looking down she is playing with her fingers, while her father talked, my thoughts of her twerking on top of me while riding me come to halt as I heard the word " Pregnant"

Man: our daughter has told us that your son impregnated her and we thought that it will be good if we let you know of this act "
Menzi: mmm"
Mkhulu: Vusi do you know of this girl ?"
Me: yes "
Mkhulu: what's her name? "
Me: Latoya Nonkululeko Ncube"
Mkhulu: are you responsible for her being pregnant"
The room became quiet as they waited for my response, God knows I hate Latoya for breaking my heart, for walking away from me, for not fighting for our love. But what do I care that all in the past, I found Nwabisa the most warmest woman I have ever met, kind loving, and just gentle...Nwabisa was my future but now this Latoya is pregnant and no doubt the child is mine, fuck im screwed
Me: yes"
I said without hesitating, She looked at me for the first time and her eyes became glassy

The fat man shifted in his sit
" then it all settled we can now talk about the damages "
Baba: look I don't know where you come from and how you were taught, but in this part of the country isisu sibikwa abafazi, and it's done at the early hours of the morning...they call the short about amahlawulo not man"
Fat Man: we apologize for that. . . but..."
Baba: When you do the right thing then we can talk, we acknowledge intombazane, nesisu and we will take full responsibility but in this house, we are very cultured and isintu siyasazi"
Latoya father: will keep that in mind for next time, look here you people, your son, impregnated my daughter and left her, and now you going to give us a run-around, she is carrying your busted so you going to listen to what I'm going say "
Latoya: daddy please"
L/father: shut up! you the one that put us in this shame, bringing us to the rural place what the heck were you thinking!!"
Me: wow...now you going to insult us for your daughter not shutting her legs...we don't know this girl and we could have asked for a paternity test, but here we are trying to be civil and you spit on our face!"
L/f: uthini?"
Baba: you came all the way you came from to disrespect me...do you know who we are?"

The house became chaotic, baba and Menzi were exchanging words with the Ncube people, Latoya just looked at me and started cried,
Mkhulu just stood up to light her pipe outside,
Latoya: dady please stop "
I look at her and how embarrassed she feels now, she once told me that her father is hot-headed, and in his eyes, she will  forever remain a child,
Mkhulu: get out of my house!!"
He said walking inside his house,

I breathe out loud
"No Mkhulu they came this far and the least we could do is to hear them out"
I looked at Latoya her red eyes and how she looked broke my heart
Me: how much do you want?"
The room went quiet
Latoya father: there is no price tag on my daughter...."
Me: you say that now, but you drove all the way from Johannesburg to do this rural place to do what? To tell me she is pregnant and then what? "
He just looked at me
Me: you cause chaos in my grandfather's house and you think you will walk away like you did not just disrespect a man in his house... So I'm going to ask you again how much do you want!"
Fat man: we just need you to do right by the Ncube family, Latoya was raised we'll and her being pregnant now will destroy her bright future "
Me: I don't want to repeat history on what happened between Latoya's parents so I'm going to do right by her and my unborn child,  if it cows you want, I will give it, if it's money you want I will give you...
But this noise and fighting will get us nowhere... I will pay for damages and not to destroy Latoya's future because of the busted she is  carrying I will pay for a bridal price as well "

Baba and Menzi gasped " what!"
Me: now Mr. Ncube name your price! ...because after the stunt, you pulled here, you not taking my baby mama with you anywhere "
L/father: who do you think you are?"
" me, I am just a Latifundia known as a farm owner, my grandfather is induna yesigodi,  my father is Judge, my mother a MEC of health, in this house we have four lawyers, one Dr, and a Principal... Me im nothing but my family will bury you if you try to challenge me, name your price ngithathe okwami sihlukane "
Latoya: Vusi please not like this "
Me: looks like is Deja Vu all over again sweetheart"
.
.