Chapter 5: Hickey

Lyric's POV

"I REALLY WANNA LOVE SOMEBODY! I REALLY WANNA DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY! I KNOW WE'RE ONLY HALF WAY THERE BUT YOU TAKE ME ALL THE WAY! YOU TAKE ME ALL THE WAY!" I screamed out to the music playing. I was home alone.

The guys had dropped me off. Mom wasn't home so I was alone. Kian had offered to stay but Sam refused to let us be alone. He made to random excuses as to why Kian had to be there, making sure not to tell our secret.

I sighed as the song ended. I'm bored. Why the hell did I have to come home so early?

"Lyric! Turn that shit down!" I.heard our neighbor yell from their balcony.

"FUCK OFF DAMIEN!" I yelled.

"I'm telling your mom." He said. I flipped him off and slammed the door shut.

I decided to text Kian.

To: KiKi
I miss you. When are you gonna be home?

From: KiKi
Soon. I miss you too baby girl.

"I'm here." I heard my mom call. I moved my hair over to the side so it covered my neck.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Hey sweetie. How was the boys' house?" She asked.

"Good. I had lots of fun." I replied.

"That's good." She said. I nodded and turned around. I started walking to my room.

I got up there and sighed. I moves my hair over and layed on my bed.

I wish Kian was here. Sam too. I want my boyfriend and best friend.

"Lyric!" My mom called.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"Come here for a minute." She says. I get up and run downstairs.

"Yeah, mom?" I say.

"The boys are here to see you." She says not looking at me. I smile and walk to the door. Kian and Sam are standing there.

"Hey guys." I say.

"Hey. What's up?" Sam says.

"Nothing. Bored as hell." I say.

"Language." Mom says.

"English." I sass.

"Dont't sass me." Mom says.

"Ok. We're gonna go upstairs." I say turning around.

My.mom gasps. "Lyric, what is that on your neck?" She asks. Kian's eyes widen and Sam chuckles lightly.

"Um...nothing...?" I say.

"Lyric, that's a fucking hickey. Who gave you that?" She asks.

What do I do? Tell her about me and Kian? No. She'd never be ok with that. I would never be able to be around him. So I lie. But she's gonna find out sooner or later about me and Kian.

"I gave it to her." Andrea says, walking through the door. "Sorry, Lyric. I had to walk here." She said.

"Its fine." I say.

"Why the hell were you sucking on my daughter's neck?" My mom demands, stern-ness clear in hear voice.

"Because she's my best friend. And if I wanna give her a hickey, I will, dammit." Andrea says, sass evident in her voice.

"Whatever. Just no more. And, Lyric, we are talking about this later." Mom said.

"Whatever." I say, runnung up the stairs with Kian, Sam, and Andrea right behind me.