Board game: Space 23

Prompt: Write a story in second person.

You barely stifle a laugh.

"Shut up," snaps your very grumpy boyfriend. If he were still in his wolf form, you could just imagine him with his ears flat against his head as he promptly ignored your existence. You wouldn't say it to his face, lest he get even more offended and maybe chew your table, but if he shifted into any other animal, it would be a cat. He certainly has the temperament of one.

"I didn't say anything," you say, turning away into the kitchen to hide your smile. You hear him shuffle on the couch, most likely to face your direction.

"You're laughing!"

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are!"

A laugh finally bubbles out of you. "Are you really that bum hurt about this?"

"If you film me barking at the mirror again, I'm going to cry."

"Aww, but it's so cute!" You reach up, standing on your tiptoes and grabbing a package of Oreos before heading back to the living room, plopping next to him on the couch. "Is this an acceptable apology?"

He grumbles as he opens the package, shoving an oreo into his mouth. "Maybe."

You laugh again, taking a few Oreos yourself before leaning into his side. There's no hesitation as he wraps an arm around your waist. Oreos have never failed as an apology, after all. Even if it didn't work, you knew he could just ask you to delete the video, but in all the time you've known him, he has never asked you to once. You think he secretly thinks the videos are funny but just doesn't want to admit it.

His hand wanders down to your pockets.

"Left my phone in the bedroom, babe."

"Damn."