Judged by the Cover #1

"Never trust the light

"Never trust the light."

Off the fog-shrouded shores of Kelpy Harbor, a light pierced through the dark. A lighthouse sat miles offshore, its light circling despite having long since abandoned. All ships and boats knew to stay clear of it, but every no-moon storm, wayward sailors—desperate for land—fell victim to the light, never to be seen again.

Lonny Davis refused to heed these warnings. Left alone at eighteen after her father's assumed disappearance, her sole desire was to find him again. Every time she made preparations, something went amiss. Rations would go missing, the water supply would turn sour, her sailboat, old but reliable, would suddenly break down just as she set sail. Part of her thought it was the town's doing as its citizens tried to convince her to leave the unknown be.

But as she further investigated the mystery, both the town and the lighthouse beyond the fog, the more she uncovered secrets long forgotten. Perhaps in the end, it was best to leave those claimed gone and forgotten.

In this chilling tale of forbidden thoughts and eldritch horrors, prepare to embark on a journey where the boundary between reality and nightmare fades into obscurity, and where the true nature of Kelpy Harbor lies waiting in the abyssal depths.

Original photo: