Exception

It was the end of Randy's final year as the Ninja. All the things he's learned in the time he was the Ninja will now be written in the Nomicon and erased from his mind.

"I had fun, Nomi" He smiled at his teacher. A part of him still aches for not being able to properly confess in those four years of being with him. He'll miss the rare times he was allowed to run his hands through Nomi's hair. His teacher always smelled like old paper and ink. Still, it was a comforting scent that lulled him to sleep every night.

"It was a pleasure to have you as my student, Randy"

Randy sighed, "Nomi"

"Yes?"

"Do I really have to lose my memory? Can't I just take an oath to not say anything?"

Nomi shook his head in response. "There is no reason for you to keep your memory as a Ninja. This is for the best"

"What if..." Randy paused, "What if I do have a good reason?"

Nomi sighed, "I highly doubt it, but do tell what your reason is"

"I like you" Randy gave him a sad smile. "I love you. I want to know what it's like to be with you. Not just a student to his teacher, but as...boyfriends"

Nomi scrunched his eyebrows. "You're threading on thin ice, Ninja"

Was that rejection? Randy internally slapped himself. Of course, why would Nomi even consider him as a boyfriend? He was completely sure in this moment that if Nomi ever wanted to find someone he could spend his immortal life with, it would never be someone like Randy. Nomi was hard on discipline and eloquence. He did not fit either of those.

"I hope you don't intend to joke around on your last day"

"No! No Nomi, I'm not joking!" Randy felt himself gulp. "I wouldn't joke about something like this!"

Nomi glared at him.

Ah he fucked up, didn't he?

"Mark your words, Ninja"

"I- eh?"

Nomi summoned a thick scroll and threw it to his student who fumbled around with the object. "I accept your proposal. In exchange for preserving your memory, you must write down all that you have learned in your years as a Ninja"

So there was an alternative?!

"And I expect it to be done by the end of the week" Nomi finished his statement by transforming back into his book form.

"W-Wait! Nomi what do you mean?! Is that a "yes"??"

Randy watched as the book answered with a faint glow. He grinned and kissed the cover of the book before he set to work on the scroll. How long was the scroll though?

He watched as he opened it, noticing how the paper did not end as he kept going. So it's magic paper...infinite magic paper. Wow, he has a lot of writing to do.