3

It was a week later and I still smiled at how much Megan had trusted me that night. How she'd let her guard down, let me see how it is she feels. We've been texting more since then as well.

I sat on top if my kitchen bench, loud music blasting from the radio as I ate breakfast and check through my phone. Thousands of tweets and comments from social media like normal. A text from Megan came through.

'Thanks for the other night! Mind coming over tonight? ;)' it wrote. I ignored it for now, deciding to reply later, and hoped off the bench. I placed my plate on the sink and jogged over to and up the stairs and in to my room.

I threw on a band t shirt and carelessly forced my feet in to some already tied shoes. I double checked the time before shoving my phone in my pocket and grabbing my keys, walking back down the stairs and locking the door then hoping in to my car, my drum sticks were here from yesterday.

I turned the radio up, playing a Blink 182 CD instead of the usual radio station. The music was extremely loud now, the lyrics blaring in to my brain as I sang- well, yelled- along.

I drove around the recording studio parking lot a few times before finally finding a spot to park. I grabbed my drum sticks and locked everything up, making my way up to the studio where I was meeting Luke yet again. We had two days after this of recording before getting some days off.

I walked in to the studio and put my sticks down, smiling at Luke who sat across from the seat I decided to sit in.

"Where were you last night? I tried calling your home phone." Luke complained, focusing more on the strings in his left hand than the conversation.

"Sorry, I was with Megan." I said as I grabbed a few music sheets off the table. He glanced up at me, giving me a judgmental look before looking back down. I dropped the paper on to my lap and looked at him, crossing my arms.

"What?" I demanded. He shook his head, a sly smirk on his lips. "Tell me."

"How can't you see she's using you?" Luke asked, putting down the guitar and giving me his full attention. I sighed.

"We didn't do it." I told him. His eyebrows raised in surprise.

"What'd you do?"

"Her boyfriend broke up with her; hit her harder than she thought. She asked me to come over."

"You were her human ice cream." My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"What?"

"Ice cream is a comfort food. You comforted her. You were an ice cream replacement." he explained as if it was obvious.

"That's stupid." I laughed, Luke smiling as well. He picked his guitar up again and kept trying different things and writing them down. I also grabbed a pen and the paper off my lap, tapping a few things and comparing them with Luke's strumming, writing down what we got.

~~

I didn't leave the studio until 6pm, saying goodbye to Luke as we went our separate ways to our own cars. I changed the setting on the stereo from CD to AUX, plugging in my phone and playing some All Time Low. I went in to my messages and sent a sure thing to Megan's message. She replied almost instantly.

'Can't wait!'

I turned it off and listened to the song playing through the car speakers. I went straight to Megan's, which I instantly regretted. I should've freshened up or something, but oh well, I'm here now.

I got out of the car and went up to her front door. I checked my breath quickly before deciding I was decent enough. I tapped on the door and was greeted with Megan, slightly tipsy with no pants on, just a jumper. I smiled as she took my hand, pulling me inside with a grin.

She pressed me back against the door and I stayed, even though I could easily push past her. She stood on tippy toes and kissed me before pulling away, yanking my shirt up and off me, and then reattaching her lips to mine. I felt sparks, not sure if she did though.

"I need this." she mumbled with a smile before pecking my lips one last time, taking my hand in hers and giggling as she pulled me upstairs.