The Party Started

NYX'S SIDE

"Problem Nyx, Jake died."

What the hell?

"Jake? As in Jake, your cousin? My former client?" I asked with disbelief and Eros nodded sadly.

"H-How? When?" I mutter as I sat to my chair.

"The authorities called the school early this morning and said that they found a dead body and they recognized him as a student of this academy." he shrugged.

"W-Where?" I ask as my heart thumped in my chest.

"Statue of Rhea Silvia."

"Did they already ran an autopsy?" Eros asked. I stood up to gather my things.

"Wha... W-Where are you going, Sunshine?"

"Out. I'm going to do something." I was already half-way out the door when the student called me.

"Miss Nyx, the reason why I told you is because of this," he gave me a photograph of Jake's body lying infront of the Roman priestess, Rhea Silvia. He was wearing a black dirty trench coat, his head was bowed like he was just sleeping. There's also a black fedora on top of his head. He wasn't bounded nor gagged.

Clearly, the killer has a black fetish.

"I don't understand." well, wala naman kasi kaming connection ni Jake except sa naging client ko siya, yun lang.

The student gave me another picture. It was a photograph of a bloody paper and the writing was in Jose-Rizal-cursive-and-italic-font-style.

Miss Night,
Well, hello there, dearest. How art thou? As I recall thou hate being not invited to parties. So thou shalt come and be my guest in my week-long celebration of *cruciare. Oh, do not thou worry, I, too will attend to thy party and my celebration will end too at that night. I wouldn't want to ruin your party.

I know how much thee love playing in the dark.
I miss thee so much!
Love,
Day

My knees turned to jelly as I read the note. No...

"She's back, Sunshine! She's back!" I screamed.

I barely registered Eros hugging me. This is going to be really gruesome because the real sunshine is back.

EROS' SIDE

I called Jack, he is a police officer.

"Jack."

"Yes, Alpha? What's up?" he murmured.

"Statue of Rhea Silvia, now." I said firmly.

"Be there in five." after his reply I immediately hung up.

"Jack is on his way, Sunshine." I told Nyx, she's still in shock, I guess.

Her eyes held surprise and fear and confusion and worry and anxiousness and disbelief. And it pains me so much to see her in that state.

Naiintindihan ko na ngayon kung bakit ayaw ng iba na makitang nasasaktan yung mahal nila, kasi mas masakit pala. Mas nakakatakot pala kapag takot siya. Mas nakakalungkot pala kapag malungkot siya. Nakakafrustrate kasi feeling ko wala akong magawa para sa kanya.

Pagdating namin sa statue may police line na don at nandon na si Jack.

"Updates?" I asked as Nyx and I approach him.

"Nada. Walang CCTV dito sa statue, walang witnesses, walang fingerprint sa note. No traces, very clean." he sighed in frustration, "Not even a scent."