iii. p-e-tt-y

Damn my ex-wife still got it

Damn my ex-wife still got it. Her curves were on display in the dress she wore. Her makeup was done to perfection, though I preferred her barefaced. Her hair was done in a way that suited her face and looks. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

I felt eyes boring into the side of my head but I did not dare turn to meet the burning gaze of the person staring a hole into my skull

I felt eyes boring into the side of my head but I did not dare turn to meet the burning gaze of the person staring a hole into my skull. I knew that it was Crystal. She hated when she did not have my undivided attention. Usually, I would appease her attention-seeking ways, but today. Today, I could not keep my eyes off of the woman I let slip through my fingertips.

"Zayn!? Did you hear a word I just said!? Or were you too busy staring at your ex-wife!?", spat an irritated Crystal.

I frowned slightly. My eyes trailed after Ida as she walked past without uttering a word to me. I sighed. She was being petty. She did not like Crystal and vice-versa. We had an argument about her being allowed to attend my family's gathering.

What was I to do? Ida and I are no longer together and I have someone else in my life that I have been with for months now. Though the two women butt heads, I have hope that they would be cordial in the presence of my family and the children Ida and I share. So far, the two women have kept their distance from one another.

"I have no idea what you're talking about?", I retorted while still eyeing Ida.

She must have felt my gaze upon her person as her head whipped in my direction. Her eyes met my own briefly before glancing towards my side then turning away to continue her conversation with my parents.

"I think that now would be a great time to meet your parents. Let's go, babe", Crystal said before pulling me along towards where my parents stood enjoying themselves conversing with Ida.

I said nothing as we approached the trio of some of the most important people in my life. We came to a stop in front of the three. Placing her hand into mine, Crystal intertwined our fingers together. If I had not already been staring at her I would have missed the slight shift in Ida's demeanor at the sight of our conjoined hands.