ii. blow

Whoever said that starting over would be freeing lied

Whoever said that you will feel liberated once single after a bad breakup lied.

They lied about a lot of things. Lies can take but a second to speak. Yet, take decades to keep.

Why lie?

You tell one lie then you spend a lifetime telling more to cover the first. It is a never-ending cycle. Which is why I ask again, why lie?

"Zayn, the baby is hungry. Go get us some food", I said into my cell phone while flipping through the channels in search of something to watch.

"Alri-Ida?", his sleep-filled voice rung in my ear.

I hummed in acknowledgment. "Yeah?". I muttered.

"I know you fuckin' lyin'", he grumbled causing me to snicker a bit as I shifted my body weight to get a bit more comfortable.

"You sound sugary over there baby daddy", I commented finally settling on watching Fatal Attraction on TVOne.

"Idalia, it's fuckin' ass crack o'clock. You have lost your rabbit ass mind if you think I am about to get out of bed to go make a food run for you", he ranted lowly.

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. You're ackin' (acting) like it's not da (the) time dat it iz (is)", he added letting out a yawn.

I tisked placing a hand on my baby bump caressing where our latest demon kicked. I am not one of those in denial ass parents. My children have the most adorable faces and habits, but they are pure fucking evil.

I can write three Harry Potter Series-length books on the antics of my children. They act just like Zayn. He will deny it, but he and our three eldest might as well be quads.

"Sweetie, need I remind you that your weak ass pull-out game is why I am even calling you in the first place?", I retorted with a scoff.

The rustling of sheets could be heard through the phone. A small smile appeared on my face at the familiar sound. Not because of nostalgia, but because I knew that he was getting up to satisfy my cravings.

"Stop having such good arse pussy and maybe I could pull out", I heard him mumble to himself.

"Oh?", I coyly asked.