Part #29

Almost at 30 ✋😩
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car ride back felt worse than the one there in George's opinion. At least on the way there, everything was new and there was something to look at.

"As the tradition, we've started, I'm going to interrogate you on random things that you know," Dream said.
"Sounds better than looking at the same grass for god knows how long."

Dream laughed before considering a question.

"You know, I never actually asked what your first life was like-"
"It sucked."
"Ah, I see. Why exactly did it suck."
"Everyone hated everyone for no real reason."
"Example?"

George had a thoughtful look in his eyes.

"I'm going to tell you things in the weirdest most exaggerated way possible. There was a county called L'manburg. It was created by a man named Wilbur Soot. He, well... he was a good guy. He lost it at the end though. He blew up his own country as a boy, named Tubbo, only around seventeen, won an election to become President."
"Why did he blow it up?"
"I'm not sure. He got kicked out at some point and decided that if he couldn't have it no one could and blew it up. Then he made his dad kill him."
"Jesus. Hope you didn't deal with anything like that."
"I stayed out of it for the most part. Got roped into some stuff though. And my dreams sucked. Also, creepy stalker god with a crush on me."
"That sucks."
"Better than having sex with a fish."
"What."
"Wilbur did the dirty with a fish."
"You paint it as this majestic place then tell me a guy did it with a fish."
"Well, the whole place was started on a drug van so..."
"God."

They continued talking for a while more. George told him all about the wonders and horrors of that life.

He spoke about everything that he'd seen, and what he'd wished he'd seen. All the wars he'd fought and the battles he'd won. Dream was kind of impressed by it all. George had survived that much and was still willing to live again.

George finished his tale, talking about how Eret had sent Technoblade to kill him but it failed and Eret realized George wanted to give him the title of king in a few years anyway. Technoblade then went on his own accord and succeeded.

"Wow, why on Earth would you any to live again after that."
"I'm not sure. You made life look fun again."
"How?"
"You weren't afraid of almost anything."

Dream let those words sink in as he drove.

"So, what did you do when you first died."
"I spent most of my time in Limbo."
"In what?"
"That's what we called the afterlife."
"What was it like again?"
"Well, you know, it's different for everyone. For me, it was a big field full of flowers. There were items scattered on the ground that used to belong to me. Every once in a while I'd fall asleep and then wake up and have to guess if everything was a dream or reality."
"What's it like for other people?"
"I knew a man, Wilbur, he had to jump from train car to train car for eternity. In each train compartment, there was someone he knew, sometimes he'd have to sit down with them and talk."
"That's creepy."
"He did not enjoy it."
"How about your friends, Karl and Sapnap?"
"Karl's was a bunch of portals with puzzles and quizzes on each side, if he messed up he'd forget one more thing. Sapnap's was just a big pit of fire that he had to run through forever."
"That's sucky."
"That's why we all just stay as a ghost."
"That's very reasonable."

They talked until they reached the hotel.

They checked in and went inside.

Both changed into their sleep clothes and laid down on the bed together to watch TV.

Dream put his arm around George's shoulder and started flipping through the channels.

"Wow, how can one place have so many bad channels," Dream said.
"Not entirely sure why they have a punk-rock concert playing live but, hey, no judgment I guess."
"We only watch horror movies and true-crime documentaries so I feel like we can't judge them too much."
"That's fair."

They decided they wouldn't have any luck with the TV and decided to just talk. George rested his head on Dream's thighs.

They talked until Dream got too tired to stay up any longer so they decided to go to sleep.

Dream had already fallen asleep and had his arm draped around George. George smiled and closed his eyes, falling asleep with Dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Didn't proofread so I'm just gonna trust Grammarly