12. Bared Teeth

After finishing her depressing dinner and sulking with Legosi, the duo decided to take a walk. As they took a turn around the sports field, Kisa pondered what to do. She wanted to confront Louis, but she also didn't want him to hate her. Kisa felt stuck. Legosi wasn't much help, he just stared at the floor as they walked – awkwardly swinging his arms.

"You know what?" Kisa finally said.

"What?"

"Screw him, I'll throw his bad attitude right back at him." Kisa replied proudly. "If he wants to ignore me, then I'll just ignore him."

"Ignore who?" Legosi piped up.

Kisa froze, had she not told Legosi about Louis?

"Um, Louis?"

Legosi stared at her.

"You're not the only one who has a thing for a herbivore!" Kisa defended.

"But if I like Haru and Haru likes Louis, but Louis liked Haru then liked you, and you like Louis but Louis now likes Haru again then-"

"Then where does that leave us? Alone. We're alone." Kisa finished.

Legosi whined and drooped his shoulders. The friends let out a long sigh.

"I have to sleep in the same room as Haru..." Kisa grumbled.

"We have to see Louis at Drama Club." Legosi reminded.

"Aren't we on break?"

"New members are trying out and the Meteor Festival preparations have begun."

Kisa groaned.

"If it's any consolation, we're in the same boat." Legosi said, trying his best to comfort his friend.

"Yeah, and we're both stranded without a paddle..."

At that moment, Kisa's phone buzzed. She checked it nonchalantly – it was from Louis.

[Who is this?]

Anger bubbled up inside Kisa as she clenched her phone with a compounding strength. Legosi grabbed the device from her and glanced the message. Her teeth began to bare, and her claws extended – Kisa had never felt so betrayed and had never felt like such a carnivore.

"Kisa it's going to be okay," Legosi began, "maybe he's confused?"

A snarl left Kisa's mouth, and she took off running. Legosi tried his best to keep up, but wolves are slower than tigers.

"Don't do anything stupid!" Legosi called out, huffing.

"I just want to punch something!" Kisa screamed back.

As the carnivores raced through the grounds, small carnivores and herbivores alike dodged out of the way. Some were horrified while others were concerned. Kisa made her way into the gymnasium to find a punching bag. In one hit she thrust her fist forward and knocked it off its hinge.