11. Turned Sour

[Well, well, well - look at what we have here! An update! I'd like to thank everyone who has continued to comment and vote for this story even in my absence. I think I can be more committed to this story now that univeristy is slowing down. My goal is to start updating weekly!]

----

Kisa stumbled up the stairs to the Gardening Club and gasped, trying to catch her breath.

"Woah there tiger, maybe you ought to take up track." Haru laughed, skipping over to her.

"Very funny, bunny." Kisa shot back with a smile.

The friends wandered into the club room and began tidying up. It was time to start planting the flowers for the next season and Kisa had volunteered to help Haru sow the seeds. She put on a gardening apron and set about pulling out the dead flowers while Haru prepared the mulch. Kisa turned to Haru.

"Did you get permission to start a compost bin?" She asked.

"Yeah, got the paper this morning. I need to ask for a form to leave the grounds to source the earthworms." Haru replied.

"It's not safe for small herbivores to walk around alone out there, let alone teenage ones." Kisa started. "I'll come with you."

"Thanks, I was going to ask you anyway."

The pair continued to pull and plant until dinner. Kisa and Haru were both covered in dirt; their white fur muddy and marked by the soil. As they packed away their tools, Kisa turned to pick a pretty pink flower and placed it by Haru's ear.

"You look really pretty with that flower." Kisa said.

Haru tapped her foot repetitively, looking around for a flower to pick. She settled on a yellow one and reached up to place it on Kisa's.

"You're too tall!" Haru whined.

Kisa bent down to give Haru access to her head. The rabbit placed the flower by her ear.

"Now you're pretty too." She laughed.

The duo turned to leave the Gardening Club and venture to their room to freshen up. After a nice warm shower, Kisa called out to Haru that she was heading to the cafeteria.

"I'll see you later." She shouted over her shoulder already walking to get dinner.

On her way to the cafeteria, Kisa spotted Louis and decided to approach him. They locked eyes, but when Kisa went to smile Louis turned away - almost as if he didn't know her. Kisa stood still, shocked. Maybe he didn't realise it was her? There were some other white carnivores around. She pulled out her phone and sent him a message.

[Hey Louis, saw you at the cafeteria but you mustn't have seen me. Hope you had a great afternoon. :)]

After a few minutes of no reply Kisa's eyebrows furrowed. He'd never taken longer than this to reply before, even during the night! Maybe he was busy? She pocketed her phone and made her way into the cafeteria. Kisa took her meal and milk carton then searched for a place to sit. She was Bill waving at her, but she decided to approach another instead. Kisa saw Legosi sulking at a two seater. She slid into the seat opposite him and tapped her nails on the table. This broke Legosi from his trance with yelp.

"You scared me!" Legosi mumbled.

"What's wrong wolf boy?" Kisa asked.

"I don't know, maybe it's because Haru is in love with someone else?" He replied.

Kisa's blood ran cold. She thought that Haru had moved on from Louis? Was she wrong? Was that why Louis was avoiding her? Surely not.

"My milk's turned sour." Kisa whined.