for layla

I stood there, hugging myself and rubbing my arms trying to warm myself up. As the time went by, I imagined the worst. What if he had left me here? To make a fool of myself for getting my hopes up. Surely he wouldn't do that, right?

A honk blew away my worries as a expensive looking car was in front of me. I felt my jaw drop at how expensive it looked. The window rolled down and a grinning Jake looked at me.

"Hop in! It must be freezing.", Even though he told me to hop in, he still went out and walked towards me, draping a jacket over my shoulders.

"There. Sorry for making you wait so long.", I felt my cheeks flushed against the chilly air. Of course he wouldn't leave me out here to freeze to death. He's too nice to do that.

"T-Thanks. And it's fine..I didn't wait that long.", Jake chuckled.

"Whatever you say cutie. Come on, the car's more warm."

He led me to the car as I kept shivering, the jacket not helping a lot. A soon as I entered the car and the doors close, I drew in a deep breath and out. The warmth felt like a breath of fresh air.

"Is it warm enough?", Jake asked me, about to turn up the heater but I stopped him, my hand on his.

I froze, surprised that I had the guts to even touch my crush.
Gosh, he must think I'm a pervert who just wants to touch him. To my surprise, He chuckled and intertwined our fingers, making my cheeks and ears flare up.

"Your hands are cold. Are you sure it's warm enough?", He looks at me with worried eyes, still holding my hand.

"I- Yeah! It's w-warm!", I squealed out.

He smiled as I felt him caressing my hand. My eyes went wide looking between our hands and him.

"I-Are w-we j-just going t-to ho-hold ha-hands n-now?", I stuttered, making him chuckle.

"Only if you're okay with it. I assume it's okay?", I tried to resist it but his hand felt really nice in mine.

So I nodded. He smiled the biggest I've seen him smile all day. Suddenly, he leaned in, making me panic. He's going to kiss me?! I closed my eyelids, waiting for pressure on my lips but it never came. Only a click. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my eyelids.

Oh. He buckled my seatbelt. He glanced at me, chuckling.

"Your face is so red.", I gasped and touched it with my free hand.

It was warm. I looked through the car mirror and sure enough, my cheeks were a soft pink and the tip of my ears was red. Gosh, I can't even hold myself back in front of my crush.

"Let's just go..", I whispered, too embarrassed to look at him.

"As you wish, cutie."

He started driving, one hand on the steering wheel and another caressing my hand. It's like we were boyfriends. I blushed at my thoughts and shook my head. That'll never happen. Great. Now I'm depressed.

"Hey, wake up. We're here."

I opened my eyes, not even realising I fell asleep. I blinked my eyes, trying to get a good look at Jake. He smiled and ruffled my hair.